• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Saddleback Maine

KustyTheKlown

that looks dreamy. i can't think of many eastern slopes with wide open tree spacing like that. vista glades at bolton sort of.

deadheadskier

Staff member
I should add that despite the holiday week, we never waited more than one chair. Plenty of fresh all day and that will also be the case tomorrow.

But, Maine skiing totally sucks. No wonder so many more people ski in VT instead.

Cobbold

So originally it was "skier visits are higher because the resorts are the best". Then you changed it to "skier visits are higher for multiple reasons". And that isn't backtracking? Do you even know the definition of backtracking?
Well, skier visits are higher than nh, Vermont has more acreage than nh, so I guess their is a correlation, does the acreage cause more skie visits? Or is better terrain that lends itself to more acreage that skiers follow, I guess that’s my point

Cobbold

I should add that despite the holiday week, we never waited more than one chair. Plenty of fresh all day and that will also be the case tomorrow.

But, Maine skiing totally sucks. No wonder so many more people ski in VT instead.
Never said Maine sucks, or nh for that matter, just Vermont is tops in skier visits, which to me means that market of skiers who have limited resources in time, money and energy, chose Vermont over other New England places in larger numbers, i also said Colorado for western skiing, and most people could not handle that, the market is the market, all the opinions about what is better, is just that an opinion, without looking at skier visits. Each skier visit measures energy, time and money.

Smellytele

Wow, some people can’t handle some facts
No some people say things they can’t back up with facts. You didn’t start by saying vt has more skier visits you said vt mountains are better so sir you are an idiot.

“Their (sp) is a reason Vermont has the most skier visits in New England, they have the best mtns, just like Colorado has the most skier visits,”

Shredmonkey254

No some people say things they can’t back up with facts. You didn’t start by saying vt has more skier visits you said vt mountains are better so sir you are an idiot.

“Their (sp) is a reason Vermont has the most skier visits in New England, they have the best mtns, just like Colorado has the most skier visits,”
I'm making another bowl of popcorn now... extra butter this time around. It's the best!

Cobbold

Their is a fair amount of drift in the thread, but I think I started out with the hypothesis that in New England Vermont has the highest skier visits, till Utah caught them a few years ago they were number two, my views of Colorado coincides with vermont, not that other states did not have good resorts, but for what reason which I can’t seem to articulate or even know but Vermont and Colorado stand above its regional peers for skier visits, which I think since each visit is a measure of time, money and energy indicates the skier market thinks Vermont is tops in New England and Colorado in the Rockies, every took shots at that hypothesis, which is good, but no one really could change the facts Vermont and Colorado are tops for skier visits, my belief or opinion is that they got to be number one, not by chance but being the “best” whether it’s caused by snow, the mtns, how easy it is to get too, or other factors, they get the skiers. Sorry this freaks people out, but we use skier visits on other threads here to talk about the health of skiing, is it growing, shrinking etc,

cdskier

No I think I started with vermont is “ best” based upon skier visits,

Smellytele literally quoted from your first post in this thread where you said the reason VT has the most skier visits in New England is because they have the best mountains...

Zand

Holy shit, my brain just leaked out of my ears reading this thread.

DHS PLEASE fill like two pages with Saddleback pictures and get us back on track.

Cobbold

Smellytele literally quoted from your first post in this thread where you said the reason VT has the most skier visits in New England is because they have the best mountains...
I think I said based upon skier visits they are the best, skier visits is how the they measure each year, stands to reason, to measure each region against other regions is to use skier visits.

tnt1234

Their is a fair amount of drift in the thread, but I think I started out with the hypothesis that in New England Vermont has the highest skier visits, till Utah caught them a few years ago they were number two, my views of Colorado coincides with vermont, not that other states did not have good resorts, but for what reason which I can’t seem to articulate or even know but Vermont and Colorado stand above its regional peers for skier visits, which I think since each visit is a measure of time, money and energy indicates the skier market thinks Vermont is tops in New England and Colorado in the Rockies, every took shots at that hypothesis, which is good, but no one really could change the facts Vermont and Colorado are tops for skier visits, my belief or opinion is that they got to be number one, not by chance but being the “best” whether it’s caused by snow, the mtns, how easy it is to get too, or other factors, they get the skiers. Sorry this freaks people out, but we use skier visits on other threads here to talk about the health of skiing, is it growing, shrinking etc,
Right - CO and VT are the most popular ski destinations.

I don't think that proves they are the best. I, like you, don't think K-ton is the best, but it is the most popular.

See the difference?