• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

2021-22 Season Passes

abc

Does it even matter how “many” areas (or resorts) a pass has?

What’s the maximum number of mountains you ever ski in one season out of your mega pass???

I travel a lot. Still, I only covered 10, maybe 15 in a single season. So I really don’t care if my pass has 25 or 45 mountains. Makes little real difference to me. All I care are the mountains *I* want to ski! Rest are just meaningless numbers to me.

Smellytele

What’s the maximum number of mountains you ever ski in one season out of your mega pass???

I travel a lot. Still, I only covered 10, maybe 15 in a single season. So I really don’t care if my pass has 25 or 45 mountains. Makes little real difference to me. All I care are the mountains *I* want to ski! Rest are just meaningless numbers to me.
But mega passes have unlimited days at least at some mountains and indy only has 2(+25% off day) at each one so your point is moot.

boston_e

I agree, but the number of resorts probably helps them attract new customers who want to ski at a specific resort for part of the season.

abc

I agree, but the number of resorts probably helps them attract new customers who want to ski at a specific resort for part of the season.
That’s kind of my point. It’s not the number of resorts, but which specific resort that really matter.

That’s why Ikon is so wildly successful. Many of the mountain on that pass are mountains many people want to ski in the first place.

(This also address Smelly’s concerns too)

hub8

As a season pssholder you’ll quickly learn how to play the lines to maximize your day. The gondola line is brutal on weekends, not gonna lie. However, the Kanc8 is likely to attract a lot of attention next season and help the gondi line situation. As long as you ride the gondola a couple times in the morning and then hit North Peak and South Peak you’ll be good. South Peak never has a line, one of the most underused mtn pods out there despite being home to some awesome terrain and decent tree skiing for NH.

I must say, from what I heard from my Epic Pass friends at work and one friend that went to Sunapee then came to Loon with me a bunch, Boyne killed Vail this year. It sounds like Vail just tried to survive, but Loon was really doing well all year and was phenomenal from beginning to end. Sunday River same story, they even still had fireworks and such.
Just want to chime in on South Peak. We were at Loon for 3 days this season. A sunny and icy/hard packed Friday afternoon, storm Saturday, Bluebird Sunday. Bluebird Sunday had the longest line. At least 10min starting around 10:15am. Storm Saturday was about 5-10min, Friday afternoon was a few chairs. Still the lines were better than North peak, or the east basin double. Never skied down to gondola. Canon had crazy wind that weekend.
Next year might be better, more people willing to pack chairs I hope.

Zand

Just renewed both the Ikon and Indy. Ended up just getting the full Ikon this year...no blackout dates and I was already getting the Base Plus (for Jackson) which was only $100 less. I'll definitely use those 2 extra days at Killington anyway. Stuck with the regular Indy Pass even though there's more blackouts.

KustyTheKlown

made the same purchases today. a sucker for e-mail marketing and impending price rises/limited early bird allotments

put both on payment plans because why not. nice that you can spread the payments over a credit card for the indy plan. ikon uses affirm, which is a loan, and requires direct debit from checking for that reason. fine with that.

got my magic sunday pass the day magic dropped passes.

so i am fully pass'd with the exact same mix as this past season.

addition of pow-mow to indy has me eyeballing a cottonwoods trip, perhaps against my better judgment. could also do a big utah/idaho/montana indy road trip. lots of driving tho.

xlr8r

I am now stuck with what I should do.

Epic - My relatives have a house in Bartlett NH so I have a free place to stay, but I don't like Wildcat, and Attitash was horribly run this year. I am bored of Sunapee, never really liked Crotched, and Mount Snow, Okemo, Stowe are overcrowded.

Ikon - I like the Ikon mountains, but in order to ski on holiday periods it is pretty expensive. Considering 2 or 3 weekends I will be away next season in Hawaii in March (poor me) I feel the need to maximize skiing holidays next season.

Indy - The blackouts mean that the base pass is unfeasible, and only the + pass is worth considering. At least I have $25 off for being a renewal passholder. But I feel I will only get 8 or so days out it as it will be difficult for me to go to Saddleback or Jay. Maybe I should book Jay for between Xmas and New Years and hope for the best.

Skiing on Epic and Indy this past season has made me change my strategy and going forward I want to focus on getting the best quality of skiing next year, not the most quantity.

skimagic

Im getting the INDY as well as either a Bromley or NE EPIC midweek pass. I'm losing my tolerance for crowds so EPIC is probably a mistake given the 20 percent price rollback. I'll most likely use INDY on weekends and for either a POWMOW/Beaver/Pomerelle trip or Brundage/ Tamarack/ Soldier. The Spokane INDY areas would be interesting but the weather is dank..

KustyTheKlown

Im getting the INDY as well as either a Bromley or NE EPIC midweek pass. I'm losing my tolerance for crowds so EPIC is probably a mistake given the 20 percent price rollback. I'll most likely use INDY on weekends and for either a POWMOW/Beaver/Pomerelle trip or Brundage/ Tamarack/ Soldier. The Spokane INDY areas would be interesting but the weather is dank..

lots of driving, but never too too much in one chunk. i know nothing of the roads but i suspect that passage between montana and idaho is sketch as fuck driving with no cell service

1619561626301.png

skimagic

lots of driving, but never too too much in one chunk. i know nothing of the roads but i suspect that passage between montana and idaho is sketch as fuck driving with no cell service

View attachment 51597
That's a good plan, with a few spr hotsprings around to rejuvenate. a few years ago we did base out of West Yellowstone to hit up Big Sky, that road was definitely sketch as it had windblown snow, a bunch of small storms, curves, no guardrails and no cell service

KustyTheKlown

i based out of west yellowstone for 4 days at big sky, it sucked. i got an airbnb in someones house in big sky the last two nights. too much driving. but super super cheap out of season hotels.

abc

i based out of west yellowstone for 4 days at big sky, it sucked. i got an airbnb in someones house in big sky the last two nights. too much driving. but super super cheap out of season hotels.
My life is worth more than that! ;)

I drove that stretch 4 times now. The first time, I drove it in daylight. After seeing clearly what it's like, I made my subsequent plans for the other 3 drive in daylight too.

To base out of west yellowstone means driving it after a day of skiing, probably in the dark (except in late spring). I wouldn't risk it.

If I were strap for cash, I'd base out of Bozeman instead. At least from Bozeman, there's a bus (for something like a few bucks). I did that once. Ate breakfast while on the bus in the morning going there. Took a nap on the way back after skiing.

Big Sky lodging is really expensive. But it's worth it.

Smellytele

I bit and got IKON base for the wife and I before the increase. Now to start planning trips out west. As I mentioned youngest son will have free skiing at Copper but will also ski at abasin, winter park and maybe Steamboat.

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
I am now stuck with what I should do.

Epic - My relatives have a house in Bartlett NH so I have a free place to stay, but I don't like Wildcat, and Attitash was horribly run this year. I am bored of Sunapee, never really liked Crotched, and Mount Snow, Okemo, Stowe are overcrowded.

Ikon - I like the Ikon mountains, but in order to ski on holiday periods it is pretty expensive. Considering 2 or 3 weekends I will be away next season in Hawaii in March (poor me) I feel the need to maximize skiing holidays next season.

Indy - The blackouts mean that the base pass is unfeasible, and only the + pass is worth considering. At least I have $25 off for being a renewal passholder. But I feel I will only get 8 or so days out it as it will be difficult for me to go to Saddleback or Jay. Maybe I should book Jay for between Xmas and New Years and hope for the best.

Skiing on Epic and Indy this past season has made me change my strategy and going forward I want to focus on getting the best quality of skiing next year, not the most quantity.

Is an Ikon base and an Indy+ cheaper than full ikon? That gives you holiday skiing and the most mountains.