• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What is your favorite chairlift?

dblskifanatic

I always found Slide Brook Express interesting especially over the valley it goes over where you are at the tops of the trees there!

mikec142

I guess it depends what you're defining as favorite. Views? Terrain serviced? People watching? Something else?

For me, I love both Castlerock at Sugarbush and the Single Chair at MRG for the terrain they serve and the people watching. Slide Brook at Sugarbush is great for the views. Out west, I really love Sublette at JH for the terrain, people watching, and views. KT22 at SV is pretty spectacular too for terrain, views, and people watching.

I'm sure I can think of others.

KustyTheKlown

east - magic red and mrg single - I actually got sweet prints of both but haven't had a chance to frame and hang yet. pics below.

west - wildcat at alta. kicking horse gondola. pally at a-bay

1626895933256.png

1626895955733.png

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
Skyeship at K. Where I start and end my day there, it's turn station, and who doesn't like 1200 FPM.

Skyeship is fun. I always liked the 20 minute ride from the bottom to start the day. Eat a sandwich, get gear on, etc. Then, out of almost nowhere, you're dead center of Killington, and the fact that you can get anywhere on the hill from the top station.

ceo

All of my favorite lifts are gone. :-(
Sugarbush gondola (I barely remember it; I was 6)
Sugarloaf gondola
Original Killington gondola
Burke Mountain Poma
Spillway East
King Pine (#5) T-bar
Cannon Upper T-bars

Well, not all of them.
Cannon Tram
Double Runner West
Bateau (#3) T-bar
MRG single
Slide Brook Express (even though it scares me a little)

KustyTheKlown

Did you take the pics & frame?

they actually are drawings or computer graphics, not photos. those images were cut/paste from the website I ordered from (https://www.circlesquarediamond.com/).

i haven't had the chance to frame and hang mine yet. we're pretty minimal in our apartment and don't have much of anything on the walls. these were intended for my office and then covid happened. now I'm back in 2 days a week but my office is officially 'focus room 2' under our new social distancing plan. so its my office when I am here on weds and Thursdays, but its someone else's office on the days I'm not here. so we were all asked to depersonalize our spaces some, which is a bummer.

Newpylong

Skyeship is fun. I always liked the 20 minute ride from the bottom to start the day. Eat a sandwich, get gear on, etc. Then, out of almost nowhere, you're dead center of Killington, and the fact that you can get anywhere on the hill from the top station.
The view of Skye Peak and the rest that you can see once you crest the pitch on Stage 1 is pretty amazing.

jimmywilson69

yeah I like Skyeship for the reasons mentioned. Breck Gondola gives you a similar vibe even though it doesn't unload you at any skiable terrain (meaning you still have to take a lift to ski)

For me

East - 4 Runner. You can run hot laps on all kinds of awesome terrain of that thing. (never been to the Cat yet)
West - Pali at Abasin So much fun and challenging terrain accessed from that chair. and those views...

BenedictGomez

Gondolas are only good for the first ride of the day or after a break. Hate having to take my skis off.

I dont mind taking skis off at all.

My issue with gondolas is all too often I believe there's absolutely no reason for them, and they exist primarily as a marketing tool. Many of our eastern gondolas IMHO fall in this category. But there are some places where they really make sense.

machski

I dont mind taking skis off at all.

My issue with gondolas is all too often I believe there's absolutely no reason for them, and they exist primarily as a marketing tool. Many of our eastern gondolas IMHO fall in this category. But there are some places where they really make sense.
Really? Which ones pray tell.