• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Permanent Industry Changes in the Post-COVID World

Status
Not open for further replies.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Back to the Dead and Company discussion. Maybe in Hartford or other places the entry scans were lax, but they are in fact trying to do the right thing with the resources available to them. Message from Bob Weir today:

We'll see you this evening, Deer Creek! 🌹💀💡Doors: 5:30pm ET / Showtime: 7pm ET. Live show will be available at https://livedead.co.⁣⁣
⁣⁣⁣
Be patient, be kind + show up with ample time to make it through security – expect lines and delays so don’t arrive late and miss any of the magic! Health Check Required! Please arrive early and have your proof of full vaccination or negative COVID test within 48 hours ready. ALL fans in the pit will need to be fully vaccinated. For full COVID-19 protocols visit DeadAndCompany.com⁣⁣
⁣⁣⁣
We are offering a limited number of COVID-19 tests at the venue. Simply schedule your 15-minute rapid antigen test, show up to the venue at your requested time, and proceed to the designated testing area. Your confidential results will be uploaded to your phone so you can enter the gates with proof of a negative test! https://bit.ly/398GCuD

Andrew B.

Back to the Dead and Company discussion. Maybe in Hartford or other places the entry scans were lax, but they are in fact trying to do the right thing with the resources available to them. Message from Bob Weir today:

We'll see you this evening, Deer Creek! 🌹💀💡Doors: 5:30pm ET / Showtime: 7pm ET. Live show will be available at https://livedead.co.⁣⁣
⁣⁣⁣
Be patient, be kind + show up with ample time to make it through security – expect lines and delays so don’t arrive late and miss any of the magic! Health Check Required! Please arrive early and have your proof of full vaccination or negative COVID test within 48 hours ready. ALL fans in the pit will need to be fully vaccinated. For full COVID-19 protocols visit DeadAndCompany.com⁣⁣
⁣⁣⁣
We are offering a limited number of COVID-19 tests at the venue. Simply schedule your 15-minute rapid antigen test, show up to the venue at your requested time, and proceed to the designated testing area. Your confidential results will be uploaded to your phone so you can enter the gates with proof of a negative test! https://bit.ly/398GCuD
Same notice we got
No where on there does it say bring an ID? I did but never had to show it.
What good is a vax card check with no identity check?

deadheadskier

Staff member
It probably should say that. But the fact that they are communicating this for every show and actually offering on site testing are good things. There is likely a far higher vaccination percentage of fans in attendance at those shows than what exists in the general population. No it's not perfect. My local music club probably isn't either. But efforts are being made. It is more than just virtue signaling. It certainly is likely to give many folks pause before deciding to break the rules.

KustyTheKlown

you dont carry an ID to any concert or bar where you may need to show proof of age for alcohol consumption? you fucking dolt.

Andrew B.

you dont carry an ID to any concert or bar where you may need to show proof of age for alcohol consumption? you fucking dolt.
Can you read or are you that upset?
i clearly wrote i had and ID and they never even asked for it.

i still think you should answer for your “piece of shit” apparent interstate travel antics. I assume if you dont you are a guilty “piece of shit”

KustyTheKlown

I don't owe you an explanation for anything. but if you must know, I did a full 2 week quarantine before each 2 week trip to new england. i skied on other weekends by myself and did not drive with, lodge with, or ski with anyone last season. i work from home. i got my groceries delivered all ski season. i essentially lived in a state of quarantine>ski>quarantine for 6 months.

if I were to ever meet you in person you'd get a fucking slap in the mouth that's for sure.

Andrew B.

It probably should say that. But the fact that they are communicating this for every show and actually offering on site testing are good things. There is likely a far higher vaccination percentage of fans in attendance at those shows than what exists in the general population. No it's not perfect. My local music club probably isn't either. But efforts are being made. It is more than just virtue signaling. It certainly is likely to give many folks pause before deciding to break the rules.
I don’t think we need to use inflamitory language like “virtue signalling” but it was a joke.
the band may not even know what the volunteer vax checkers were doing. I say volunteer because my friends wife volunteered the first night we went.

Andrew B.

if I were to ever meet you in person you'd get a fucking slap in the mouth that's for sure.
I am at Sunday River every weekend
stop by i am not hard to miss and i will even give you the first shot free 😄
don‘t expect just a slap back tho
i am the kind of ”piece of shit” that doesn’t fight “fair”

violence is the solution to all your problems huh?

DHS as a moderator i have a question: is threatening members with physical violence accepted here? I havent read the forum rules in great detail

jimmywilson69

I've been to 3 concerts in since the end of august where vax or test results were requried. each time the person checking looked at my license and my vax card on my phone.

I think its better than nothing and its been great to see live music again.

skiur

Testing has to be for everyone the vaccinated can get covid too! Why does everyone feel like vaccinated can walk around freely and everything is OK. Better off more than likely, But if a vaccinated person gets Covid they are just as much of a spreader as the unvaccinated. In fact in some case are even silent spreaders due to lack of symptoms.

Well too bad for the unvaccinated, they should have got the vaccine.

skiur

Vaccinations have been recorded on paper and there are many who have copied these and digitally modified and reprinted on the same card stock, It is pretty easy especially with the younger tech savvy crowd. I am pretty sure that someone checking vax cards would not be able to tell the difference. Heck when we are in NYC recently they had signs on the restaurant doors stating the show of vax proof was required. we started to take the cards out and they waved us in without looking.

Enforcement of NYC vaccine mandate just started this week. You were there during the grace period.

deadheadskier

Staff member
I'm guessing the reason why there's no mention of ID in the D&C message is there are no age limits to the shows. I saw the real Grateful Dead with Garcia starting at age 13 and probably a dozen times before I even had a driver's license. They've literally been my favorite band since I was 9 years old. There are likely plenty of underage kids at those shows that couldn't meet that requirement.

Andrew B.

I'm guessing the reason why there's no mention of ID in the D&C message is there are no age limits to the shows. I saw the real Grateful Dead with Garcia starting at age 13 and probably a dozen times before I even had a driver's license. They've literally been my favorite band since I was 9 years old. There are likely plenty of underage kids at those shows that couldn't meet that requirement.
lots of young fans there too
went to my first show at 14 at a venue that is now a lumber yard.
That doesn't make the covid check of any value tho does it?

deadheadskier

Staff member
lots of young fans there too
went to my first show at 14 at a venue that is now a lumber yard.
That doesn't make the covid check of any value tho does it?

I have repeatedly said that it's not perfect, but likely the best that could be executed given available resources and it is better than nothing.
It is better than the alternative of doing nothing in my eyes.

Do I need to clarify my position further?

Andrew B.

I have repeatedly said that it's not perfect, but likely the best that could be executed given available resources and it is better than nothing.
It is better than the alternative of doing nothing in my eyes.

Do I need to clarify my position further?
Nope
i would like to know if the moderators condone members threatening other members with physical violence. I am not afraid for myself but it seems KK has some real anger issues that might be best served with a little time away from the keyboard.

boston_e

Also

So if one of your vaccinated sons is exposed to some vaccinated kid in his classroom that gets covid, The results are the same.
Right, but the likely hood that happening if the entire class is vaccinated is a lot less than if half the kids are unvaccinated.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Nope
i would like to know if the moderators condone members threatening other members with physical violence. I am not afraid for myself but it seems KK has some real anger issues that might be best served with a little time away from the keyboard.

No, he probably shouldn't do that. You also probably shouldn't engage him further either.

I'm not here to play recess monitor though

Status
Not open for further replies.