• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Permanent Industry Changes in the Post-COVID World

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenedictGomez

It's interesting to read all these New England takes that in your states most people aren't wearing masks. Here in New Jersey it's still gotta' be >= 50% of people still wearing masks.

BenedictGomez

So in FDA docs released today it looks like the MRNA booster may not be soon approved for most, but there's a positive plot twist in that surprise, which is that it's apparently because the time-period drop in effectiveness wasnt enough. Havent read the docs yet, but that's what's hitting Bloomberg.

jimmywilson69

I think that's an entirely reasonable policy so long as there arent any unintended readthroughs that I'm not considering.

I'd be curious if there are other situations where if you didn't get a certain vaccine that is "required" where they don't cover those health costs.

I'm all for it personally. Why should I have to pay a higher premium because someone thinks there is a microchip in the shot got Covid and cost the insurance company a ton of money.

Smellytele

It's interesting to read all these New England takes that in your states most people aren't wearing masks. Here in New Jersey it's still gotta' be >= 50% of people still wearing masks.
Just hanging with some Jersey friends this weekend and they did wear their masks on and off all weekend. Went to see Yonder Mtn String Band and maybe 15 or so people I saw had masks on. Workers at businesses were but not really the public.

abc

I actually don't mind wearing it on a subway..probably would have been a good idea..even before covid!
Definitely a good idea in flu season.

But I really can't find any mask that are even remotely comfortable to wear. (I have a very low nose bridge, narrow sinus passages too. So my sinus acts up when I had a mask on for longer than say 15 minutes)

abc

I'd be curious if there are other situations where if you didn't get a certain vaccine that is "required" where they don't cover those health costs.

I'm all for it personally. Why should I have to pay a higher premium because someone thinks there is a microchip in the shot got Covid and cost the insurance company a ton of money.
I don't think it's going to work that way though. The legal bill from all the challenges will cost a lot more than the additional premium!

But it's entirely possible to offer a "vaccine discount" for the new policy year, at the next policy renewal time (which is typically just about now). Basically, the unvaccinated gets a higher yearly increase as "standard", while the vaccinated gets a smaller increase ("vaccine discount applied")

another false equivalency.

a classroom with 25 unvaccinated kids in close proximity for 7 hours a day 5 days a week is not the same thing as a stadium full of vaccinated adults for 3 hours 1 day, especially an outdoor one.
Not all the sporting events or concerts require vaccination or a negative test. Actually, the majority of them do not.

KustyTheKlown

cool. its still a stupid comparison vs completely unvaccinated elementary school aged kids in classrooms.

urungus

Yes, and according to the CDC more children died from the flu. My point is the number is so low that we don't change our lifestyles from it.

jimmywilson69

Not sure where to drop this, and its hardly skiing related, BUT...

the NHL is down to only 4 players that are unvaccinated. That's pretty amazing if you ask me. I'm not sure what the rules are, but by an large the NHL is a "younger" league than most of the other major sports league. Not sure if that has anything to do with it or not.

Smellytele

the NHL is down to only 4 players that are unvaccinated. That's pretty amazing if you ask me. I'm not sure what the rules are, but by an large the NHL is a "younger" league than most of the other major sports league. Not sure if that has anything to do with it or not.
Most are from Canada May have more to do with it

drjeff

Probably a multitude of factors behind this. #1 let's be honest, the NHL has a lot less overall "prima donna's" than most other major sports leagues.
#2 the racial make up of the majority of the NHL has far less groups who may have historical based demographical reasons to not fear vaccines #3 The regular US/Canadaian travels.... And there's probably a few others that some will chime in on in this thread as well

boston_e

Probably a multitude of factors behind this. #1 let's be honest, the NHL has a lot less overall "prima donna's" than most other major sports leagues.
#2 the racial make up of the majority of the NHL has far less groups who may have historical based demographical reasons to not fear vaccines #3 The regular US/Canadaian travels.... And there's probably a few others that some will chime in on in this thread as well

#4: A higher percentage of players not from the US whose opinions on the vaccine have not been jaded by crazy-right-wing-antivax-conspiracy-theory talk that is so prevalent in the USA.

Status
Not open for further replies.