• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Powdr is going FastPass at Copper, K, Snowbird and Bachelor

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
3.2% - still insignificant. All they have to do is reduce the number of empty slots going up the line when they blend the fast past holders into the line.

Now you are talking about situations that might not happen.

Look...adding 90pph to a 2,400 pph lift (that's assuming full speed and zero stops) is not significant but it's not zero. And there's roughly5-8 days a season where K runs half the scheduled lifts or less due to crazy winds or icing....again....not significant but not zero. I'm not up in arms on the issue or demanding a refund on my pass (if I had one).

I'm done on the matter. I have no skin in this game as I'm no longer a K passholder and will be able to ski Snowbird one day a week for free.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Look...adding 90pph to a 2,400 pph lift (that's assuming full speed and zero stops) is not significant but it's not zero. And there's roughly5-8 days a season where K runs half the scheduled lifts or less due to crazy winds or icing....again....not significant but not zero. I'm not up in arms on the issue or demanding a refund on my pass (if I had one).

I'm done on the matter. I have no skin in this game as I'm no longer a K passholder and will be able to ski Snowbird one day a week for free.
You're going to be working at Alta, right? I will be interested to hear, either publicly or privately, your thoughts on the relationship between Alta and Snowbird this season. For some reason they cannot play nice all the time, even though they actually have some overlap in ownership (or at least they did with the Bass Family--I don't know if that transferred over or not). I get sick of it.

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
You're going to be working at Alta, right? I will be interested to hear, either publicly or privately, your thoughts on the relationship between Alta and Snowbird this season. For some reason they cannot play nice all the time, even though they actually have some overlap in ownership (or at least they did with the Bass Family--I don't know if that transferred over or not). I get sick of it.

Correct, I'll be at Alta. I'll let you know (probably PM) if I hear anything noteworthy that I'm able to share. I know I get a weekly reciprocal ticket benefit and that there's some sort of agreement where the very most senior instructors at both mountains can take their private lessons to either mountain anytime (something along those lines...I'm not there yet!).

I'll be honest though, after playing "small ski area politics" for a few seasons I'll be trying to fly under the radar the first season and just enjoy the snow!

snoseek

Correct, I'll be at Alta. I'll let you know (probably PM) if I hear anything noteworthy that I'm able to share. I know I get a weekly reciprocal ticket benefit and that there's some sort of agreement where the very most senior instructors at both mountains can take their private lessons to either mountain anytime (something along those lines...I'm not there yet!).

I'll be honest though, after playing "small ski area politics" for a few seasons I'll be trying to fly under the radar the first season and just enjoy the snow!
For a few hundred extra dollars you can add on snowbird to your employee pass and it's worth it imo of you got the extra money to spare

djd66

What would be nice for lodges is either allowing ordering food online and then you just walk in and pick up your order or calling ahead to reserve a table a run or 2 before you come in.
Sugarbush offered online ordering last year,.. I think they will be offering it this year too. The issue is where to eat? If there are space limits like last season it’s not fun eating a burger outside when it’s -10! PreCovid, I never had an issue with ordering food, the issue was always trying for to find a place to eat.