• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

VAIL SUCKS

machski

The truck was SOP for a number of years, rumor was insurance shut it down. One year I uploaded on the K1 and rode the truck down to the glades triple.

I am sure they have a contingency plan, they would probably ask people to walk to the six.
I had heard a skier that may have had a few too many actually fell off the back of the truck. That would surely cause insurance to shut that down. I always liked that option though. Got you straight to the snow and off it. A beefed up bus seemed like it would work with the Canyon Quad set up, I'm sure that is the likely backup to the K1. But I do like the current stair setup too, nice to walk back up for lunch and a brew early season, especially when Great Northern to get into NR is in play.

Kingslug20

As far as im concerned..skiing is a risky enevour..especialy in the bigger mountains..shit happens..weather happens...you have to be ready for whatever happens. Its not disney world...

raisingarizona

I wouldn’t mind alot of mountains removing some glades from their maps.
This generally means that they don’t want to maintain them anymore. After x amount of years and a few good wind events they may not ski so great any longer.

raisingarizona

As far as im concerned..skiing is a risky enevour..especialy in the bigger mountains..shit happens..weather happens...you have to be ready for whatever happens. Its not disney world...
Yeah, I’d call this a first world “problem” for sure.

snoseek

Just going by the webcams I don't see any snowmaking going on at Attitash or Wildcat.

2Planker

Just going by the webcams I don't see any snowmaking going on at Attitash or Wildcat.
Don't have enough guys to run both day/nite shifts.

Some of them will also have to cover Attitash...
They have some serious work to do if they're really planning to Open this fri

Edd

Last year I didn’t hit Wildcat until early January, which is weird, kinda being my home hill. Did a combo of Sunapee, Gunstock, Bretton Woods for a month before finally going.

Dickc

Was at Sunapee Sunday and an employee told me he thought some of the Sunapee snowmakers were on loan to Okemo, but would be back in a week or two so as to expand Sunapee then.

raisingarizona

On the TGR Tahoe forum the posters are saying that Vail doesn’t give a damn about Kirkwood either. The epic corporate ski model is starting to really show its shortcomings.

deadheadskier

Staff member
On the TGR Tahoe forum the posters are saying that Vail doesn’t give a damn about Kirkwood either. The epic corporate ski model is starting to really show its shortcomings.

Not as big of a deal at a place with 500" annual natural snowfall. Here in the East, austerity measures have a much larger impact on operations. Their failures compared to the local competition in NH are glaring again this year.

eatskisleep

Not as big of a deal at a place with 500" annual natural snowfall. Here in the East, austerity measures have a much larger impact on operations. Their failures compared to the local competition in NH are glaring again this year.
Yet I know plenty of people who said Wildcat and Vail sucked last year, yet they still bought and Epic pass this year, expecting something different... you can’t fix stupid

snoseek

I was unlucky enough to be there for the years during and after vail acquired kirkwood. It was pretty bad but honestly this is a whole other level.

snoseek

Yet I know plenty of people who said Wildcat and Vail sucked last year, yet they still bought and Epic pass this year, expecting something different... you can’t fix stupid
I'm that person but I hedge with a cannon pass and ski alot in the winter. I'll easily get my money worth it's more of an moral dilemma supporting them which is ongoing for me. I would rather see them figure it out than go under but apparently that's not gonna happen

deadheadskier

Staff member

I think their gamble is that people will continue to look past their incompetence provided the pass remains cheap.

I would not be one of those people. I'm someone who would pay more if they delivered a more premium product.

snoseek

I think their gamble is that people will continue to look past their incompetence provided the pass remains cheap.

I would not be one of those people. I'm someone who would pay more if they delivered a more premium product.
Assuming it stays the same I'll be moving on for sure this time. I've got alot of midweek time so it's a compelling list of.mountains and hard to pass up.
If I was skiing mostly weekends then not a chance in hell I would buy anything epic

Reactions: Edd