• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

VAIL SUCKS

ctdubl07

Seen many kids grow up in a top shack w/ us. Hard work from a teenager is rare these days.
One of my 13 yr olds really wants to be on the SP, he looks at these/you folks with such aspiration. Hes a great skier, rule follower and a "helper" at heart (his brothers not so much..) My understanding is that thru the many changes in mgmt at MSnow over years, theyve lost whatever Junior/development program was in place. Such a shame. After seeing whats happened across country with Patrolling (labor in general) any leader with even the smallest sense of strategic thinking should focus on programs that path into this service. My local CT hills SPatrol page points 15 yrs olds to the NSP YAP but something like this seems like a no brainer for Vail to encourage or allow control back at the "local" level for implementation. If his interest sticks, i'll check out the local EMS course our Vol Amb offers and start him there but a shame its all on us to figure out how to essentially support them, that sucks.
Back to Vail. It sucks.
Moderator, please eliminate page 260....we were almost there and someone dragged us back

Edd

Wow. Talk about counting your chickens before they hatch. According to LiftBlog, Vail has apparently "updated" the Attitash trail map to remove the East and West Double Doubles and add the yet-to-be built Progression Quad. What the actual fuck?!

That’s a lift I’d actually take after doing the skate over from Bear, if it was an HSQ. Haven’t been following all the Attitash plans so if they’re not calling it the “Flying Progressive” 😆 perhaps it’s a fixed.

Mainer

No triple at attitash again today. So basically 2 runs off yankee Is all that’s open on attitash side. One requires a skate over and a skate back. Flying bear is down right now too. Double double definitely not happening this year. Town is packed. Is this rock bottom, or can it get worse?

snoseek

No triple at attitash again today. So basically 2 runs off yankee Is all that’s open on attitash side. One requires a skate over and a skate back. Flying bear is down right now too. Double double definitely not happening this year. Town is packed. Is this rock bottom, or can it get worse?
Wow what? Damn it's gonna be a busy day

Mainer

On a positive note, every lift at wildcat is running today. Too bad it a balmy -21 right now

snoseek

Why would they at least turn the abenaqui quad today?

Let's see how the Webcam looks for the one open lift at like 11...or will they all deal with the cold and go up to the cat

Mainer

The Attitash lIftys are probably at wildcat today that’s why wildcat can run All the lifts

Katahdin

Attitash looks like lots of fun today. This line for three trails on the lower half of the mountain.

Attachments

• 4370CC06-3F5D-4C36-A3EA-EB133809D094.jpeg
    4370CC06-3F5D-4C36-A3EA-EB133809D094.jpeg
    813.5 KB · Views: 62
  • CF14772E-4FCB-4296-8B9D-0EF53EF362D8.jpeg
    CF14772E-4FCB-4296-8B9D-0EF53EF362D8.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 60

pinion

Wildcat got the Attitash crowds today.

Honestly feel bad for families that look at the EpicMix app, see 68% open, only to realize Wildcat drops ropes as long as a trail “looks” like it has snow - which is great for some, but given the body count laying around ungroomed Catapult and the Middle Wildcat boilerplate I’m assuming some families had a really bad time.

Vail still sucks, but today’s awesome-sauce brought to you by Wildcat to Middle Catapult to Alleycat to Panther to Chute. Did that 6x times and almost ready to forgive Vail. Until I take a nap and come to my senses and realize this mountain is still in trouble unless Mother Nature dishes out weekly refreshes.