• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

VAIL SUCKS

jimmywilson69

I mean every vail Resort is closed so its hard for them to still be actively pissing people off. I think I saw in the Hunter thread someone was pissed about the lack of summer events.

zyk

I mean every vail Resort is closed so its hard for them to still be actively pissing people off. I think I saw in the Hunter thread someone was pissed about the lack of summer events.
Tap NY used to be at hunter... I'm working it this weekend in Bethel Woods. What happened?

drjeff

Short of the handful of ski areas still spinning lifts, the most "exciting" thing for some skiers/riders to pay attention to right now, is what is going on with the wildfires in AZ in particular as they close in on a ski area or two unfortunately. The overal ski stoke factor this time of year for the general public is always about as low as it gets at anytime of the year. So for right now atleast, to get back on topic, Vail sucks less due to other areas of general public interest! :ROFLMAO:

2Planker

New Attitash GM is looking for houses in the MWV....
I find that kinda' amusing....
I know a couple people who'd be more than happy to jack their price up 250-300K for a Vail Exec

Lastly, folks who were "tentative, since last year" for summer employment, were just told NO JOBS this summer.
That includes Hotel/Restaurant staff....

Last edited:

drjeff

Just read on a Liftblog tweet that it appears that Stowe still doesn't have the full permitting approval for their new 6 pack installation. The suck factor may have just increased a bit. If true though, some of that added suck factor has to also be cast on the VT State Gov't and their Act 250 folks! ;) :ROFLMAO:

cdskier

Just read on a Liftblog tweet that it appears that Stowe still doesn't have the full permitting approval for their new 6 pack installation. The suck factor may have just increased a bit. If true though, some of that added suck factor has to also be cast on the VT State Gov't and their Act 250 folks! ;) :ROFLMAO:

I don't necessarily know that you can blame VT State Gov't and Act 250 itself. The process allows for public comments and apparently there were quite a few...here's one of the most recent ones raising "concerns" about the electric needs to power the new lift: https://anrweb.vt.gov/PubDocs/ANR/S... Comments and SED 8-18-21 Meeting Minutes.pdf

And then here's another where the use of the implementation of the paid parking solution is being thrown back at Stowe as an argument against the new chair:

(These last 2 were both received after the original end of the public comment period though...and after Stowe had responded to previous comments, so not sure if they're actually seriously being considered by the district commission or whether they just added them to the file for completeness and full transparency).

FWIW, Sugarbush didn't have final ACT 250 permits for both their Valley House and Village Quad lift installations until June of the years they were installed from what I just saw searching the ACT 250 db. So I don't know if Stowe not having a final permit yet is really an issue or not. There also could be more communications that Stowe has had with the commission informally to have a better idea of the true status vs just someone seeing on the ACT 250 website that it isn't finalized yet.

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!

That would be amazing!

skiur

I don't necessarily know that you can blame VT State Gov't and Act 250 itself. The process allows for public comments and apparently there were quite a few...here's one of the most recent ones raising "concerns" about the electric needs to power the new lift: https://anrweb.vt.gov/PubDocs/ANR/SPTemp/039 Spear Supplemental Comments and SED 8-18-21 Meeting Minutes.pdf

And then here's another where the use of the implementation of the paid parking solution is being thrown back at Stowe as an argument against the new chair:

(These last 2 were both received after the original end of the public comment period though...and after Stowe had responded to previous comments, so not sure if they're actually seriously being considered by the district commission or whether they just added them to the file for completeness and full transparency).

FWIW, Sugarbush didn't have final ACT 250 permits for both their Valley House and Village Quad lift installations until June of the years they were installed from what I just saw searching the ACT 250 db. So I don't know if Stowe not having a final permit yet is really an issue or not. There also could be more communications that Stowe has had with the commission informally to have a better idea of the true status vs just someone seeing on the ACT 250 website that it isn't finalized yet.

Neither link works.

drjeff

lots of people trying to tie the traffic issues to the lift replacement. While the traffic issue needs addressed, trying to create red tape on a lift install seems silly and futile.

Agree! That seems more like trying to make the case that they couldn't make snow on such and such a day because one of the lawn mower's at their golf course was out of service then having the blades on one of it's cutting reels sharpened :rolleyes: :rolleyes: