• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Indy Ski Pass

machski

Color me surprised. I was wrong there for sure. I figured since Mt Abram failed to make the math work on Indy, that Big Rock also wouldn't be a good fit. My understanding with Abram is they weren't getting the redemption rate that made sense both for them and Indy. Big Rock will have an even tougher time I would think.

Go figure, now that I have access to Big Rock, I no longer travel up that far for work. Awesome little hill, but can only see myself making that journey again if a work trip is involved.
I wonder if Big Rock skier's will pick up Indy add ons. Would give them Saddleback and some reasons to travel to NH and/or VT at a minimum. Guess we will see if they stick on it more than just this season.

deadheadskier

Staff member
1400 vertical and some fun looking glades and right near the rivah. I'm in!

Close to Saddleback too. We skied there two winters ago during our SB trip when they had to close for a day to repair the HSQ. Outside of the super slow chair, BMOM is a little gem when they have natural. Pretty limited when it's snowmaking terrain only. Really cool lodge and bar as well

jaytrem

Black Mountain of Maine added as well as a hill in Wyoming I've never heard of (Meadowlark).

Major west announcement next week apparently.
Meadowlark will come in handy when I do a Red Lodge, SD, WY loop. Covid killed that trip 2 years ago. Slight chance of it this year. Next year is more likely.

Dickc

Actual Email I got today:

Seven New Resorts + One New Name
Where will your pass take you next season?

Indy welcomes seven new resorts, including Black Mountain of Maine and Meadowlark Ski Lodge, WY. Now you can explore 25 resorts in the Northeast, five in Japan, and 19 in the Rocky Mountains!
July Payment Plan (6 payments) Ends 8/1
Adult Pass - $49/mo & $58 down
2 Adult & 2 Kid Passes - $146/mo & $172 down
No banks, credit checks, or applications. We trust you!

Sneak Preview: MAJOR West Coast announcement Coming 7/26

New Partner Alpine Resorts
(Two Free Days)
Black Mountain of Maine
Meadowlark Ski Lodge
Aomori Spring, Japan

New Cross Country Resort
(Two Free Days - No Blackouts)
Black Mountain of Maine Nordic

New Allied Resort
(Discounts up to 50% on Lift Tickets + No Blackouts at Allied Resorts)
Cherry Peak Resort, UT
King Pine Ski Area, NH
Paul Bunyan Ski Hill, WI

The Name Has Changed.
The Mountain You Love Hasn't.
Saskadena Six Ski Area introduces a new name and logo, retiring the "Suicide Six" name from the historic resort. “The time has come to change the name of our historic ski area to better reflect its rich tradition of family fun,” said Courtney Lowe, president of the Woodstock Inn & Resort.

2planks2coasts

based on the indy passholders facebook group, the average Indy pass holder base doesn't have the brain cells to comprehend any slightly complicated pass structure.. truly a wild level of idiocy on display all day every day.

When you wrote this back in May, I didn't want to admit that you were right. What is it about this particular group of Facebookers that they seem so ill informed? Much chatter about the "major" West Coast announcement coming Tuesday: "I bet it's Bachelor" "Maybe Stevens" "Could it be Jackson Hole?"
Is it really that hard to google your favorite mountain and see if it's part of a massive conglomerate before suggesting that it join a pass specifically for mountains that aren't part of such conglomerates?

AdironRider

Jackson Hole is independently owned.

Doesn’t mean they aren’t wrong for other reasons though.

2planks2coasts

Jackson Hole is independently owned.

Doesn’t mean they aren’t wrong for other reasons though.
True, but ownership is the least of the things making JHMR not "Indy". Several Indy resorts have common ownership (B. East/ Catamount, Blacktail/Mission Ridge) The conglomerate in their case being the IKON pass and the hordes of people it brought.

Last edited:

KustyTheKlown

sounds like it might be mount baker.

hints in a new social media post include:
- cascade range
- 400"+ natural
- 1500+ acres
- sasquatch stuff

jaytrem

sounds like it might be mount baker.

hints in a new social media post include:
- cascade range
- 400"+ natural
- 1500+ acres
- sasquatch stuff
I don't know, I think they would up that 400" if it was Baker. Hood Meadows has over 2000 acres. So I'm thinking Timberline.

Bosco DaSkia

the hint is sasquatch shit and you guys come up with mount baker and timberline? seriously? sasquatch mountain resort didn't pop into your heads at all? hmmm.

rather disappointing for a place that touts the superior bandwidth and response times of it's 502g superfibre network as well as the state-of-the-art virtual blade server farm with 5000 terabytes of virtual disk space...

2planks2coasts

the hint is sasquatch shit and you guys come up with mount baker and timberline? seriously? sasquatch mountain resort didn't pop into your heads at all? hmmm.

rather disappointing for a place that touts the superior bandwidth and response times of it's 502g superfibre network as well as the state-of-the-art virtual blade server farm with 5000 terabytes of virtual disk space...
Ummm...Sasquatch was already on Indy.

jaytrem

I'm assuming you don't realize Sasquatch was already on there last year?

This ones for you....

cdskier

How about Mt Hood Meadows?

(They create the pages on their site prior to the announcement...they just don't link them from anywhere...but if you start randomly guessing URLs, you might get lucky and "find" the new resort before it is officially "live" on their site)

2planks2coasts

How about Mt Hood Meadows?

(They create the pages on their site prior to the announcement...they just don't link them from anywhere...but if you start randomly guessing URLs, you might get lucky and "find" the new resort before it is officially "live" on their site)

Wow. Yep. You scooped em. It's a big one too. Fish had said the Mt. Hood resorts were unlikely, but it's happened. Great addition. I'll avoid wider social media sharing until it's official.