• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Killington Ski Survey Email

cdskier

Killington sent me a link to take a survey via e-mail. Often I ignore these things, but I was bored so figured what the heck, let me fill it out. Apparently there's no proofreading being done when they send these things out as they've misspelled 2 resorts in the Northeast section alone (I didn't ski any other regions, so no idea whether this happened in other sections too).

1660013933472.png

There were other examples of grammar and spelling errors too. Not very professional (also don't think it was a scam as it seems to be linked to Powdr's Corporate Qualtrics Survey account.)

Looks like one goal is Powdr is trying to figure out what "extras" people would be willing to pay for:
1660014883817.png
I've never heard of such a thing as a demo BOOT day and don't see how demoing a ski boot that wasn't fitted to me and broken in by me would be the slightest bit useful.

1660014932003.png
For me personally the demo ski day is the only thing I'd be willing to pay for (although at that price they'd have to have quite a selection of skis available). Not at all a fan of the fact that they are even asking about some of these other things.

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
The private ski guide thing has blown up the past few seasons. A bit humorous seeing it at a northeast resort, but if there was one where that'd be valuable, Killington would certainly be it!

My Alta guiding packet is about 70 pages...hope K can do as thorough a job!

jimmywilson69

I'm sure Powder developed 1 set of questions for all of their resorts. That being said, no excuse for poor proofreading. Apparently it's a dead art...

bigbob

They already have the $49/day express pass which was a flop and bad reviews on social media. Why ask again, they already have negative feedback!

Smellytele

I have done a few demo days and they were all free.
I personally would not pay for any of these and they all seem like trying to separate classes of people.
I have no issue with a private guide as it does effect me (except they most likely get to cut in line like ski school which I understand).
Nor do I have an issue with the retail stuff.
VIP parking bugs the shit out of me. As does paying to reserve a table and paying for the "express line"

cdskier

I'm sure Powder developed 1 set of questions for all of their resorts. That being said, no excuse for poor proofreading. Apparently it's a dead art...
Agreed...

They already have the $49/day express pass which was a flop and bad reviews on social media. Why ask again, they already have negative feedback!
Yea...that surprised me too. Only thing I can think of is if Powdr doesn't have that "feature" at all their resorts and just used one survey for all their resorts without customizing it at all, then it would make sense that they're asking about it.

I have done a few demo days and they were all free.
I personally would not pay for any of these and they all seem like trying to separate classes of people.
I have no issue with a private guide as it does effect me (except they most likely get to cut in line like ski school which I understand).
Nor do I have an issue with the retail stuff.
VIP parking bugs the shit out of me. As does paying to reserve a table and paying for the "express line"
I've done both free and paid demo's in the past. The "problem" with the free ones is that they're set days. If that day doesn't have the conditions you're interested in actually demoing skis in, then it isn't overly helpful. Prices "starting at $100/day" for a demo seems a bit steep. When I've paid, it has been more in the $50 range (and when I did it through an actual ski shop, that fee was then creditable to the purchase of those skis). So I can see the benefit of paying if that means you can demo on whatever day has the conditions you want to demo. (Although I'm still curious where they came up with the idea to demo boots...that one is bizarre to me.)

Agree with you on the rest. If other people want to pay for things like retail stuff being delivered to their condo/hotel, it doesn't impact me and I don't care. But like you said, the VIP parking, reserving a table, and "express line" stuff is bothersome as it could potentially impact "normal" skiers that don't pay for those "upgrades".

Smellytele

My wife had done a demo day from a ski shop before as well and it was around 40 and did go toward the purchase of skis (which did buy a pair)

abc

Not being a morning person, I don’t often get to the lot early enough to park close to the lift. So in practical terms, VIP parking doesn’t negatively impact me.

There’s a slightly different effect which benefits me. That is, the few times I use VIP parking to park close to lift without having to be there before everyone else, I was in a full car (hence the extra cost was shared by all in the car). It’s kind of like getting a car pool parking (when none exist). I wouldn’t pay extra to park at VIP lot just to save a few steps (ok, a lot of steps, but I’m so used to it it’s no biggie) on my own.

The “Express lane” I’ve seen didn’t seem to be too well utilized. So its impact on me has yet to materialize.

skiur

Doesn’t matter what time you get there if you aren’t paying for vip parking you park further back
Not true at K, vip parking costs money only until noon, then anyone can park in bay 1 and 2, so for people that like to get out around noon, there is normally free VIP parking.