• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Diesel and the ski industry this Winter...

RichT

N Haledon, NJ/Jewett, NY/South Seaside Park, NJ
Those smarter people don’t live here. This board is basically the Breidbart comment section. A bunch of severely concerned, narrow minded, bigoted old white men who think they know better than everyone else. Science is a scam. tHe mEDiA cAnT bE trUsTed. liVe FrEe or dIE!
You've got a pretty big hard on for old white men don't you??? JEEZ, as my old man used to say "you'll find out".

Last edited:

1dog

Or young, my way is the right way, "you are all narrow minded, bigoted old white men", urbanites who "know" they know better.
Thats just KTK's way of saying he loves us . . . . wouldn't be the same without him.

We have 25 day supply left - Newsweek - hardly a Brietbart-type outlet- says 25 days. It is the lowest since 1950, not 2008.

CNBC- does its best to separate itself from the worst alphabet network of all ( its parent too) calls it: https://www.cnbc.com/2022/10/30/die...orm-as-prices-surge-and-supplies-dwindle.html

MidnightJester

Going to be a wild Diesel and Home heating fuel(#2) price type of winter. Can't leave out Propane and natural gas that are trying to play the hurt you more is better for you deal too with price and consumption.

The crazy thing is that there is a major chunk of the population that thinks this is OK or worse great and would like it to be 2 or 3 times more expensive for fuels and energy and short on supplies too if they could.

Granite1

Or young, my way is the right way, "you are all narrow minded, bigoted old white men", urbanites who "know" they know better.

You've got a pretty big hard on for old white men don't you??? JEEZ, as my old man used to say "you'll find out".
We should all feel sorry for poor Krusty, the number one fairy here at Alpine Zone fairytale land....wasted everyday-all day since he was fourteen. He wants me to die from my head exploding if I watch Fox News. Leave the ignorant-indoctrinated-immature stoner alone to waste away in his fairytale land.

Los

Those smarter people don’t live here. This board is basically the Breidbart comment section. A bunch of severely concerned, narrow minded, bigoted old white men who think they know better than everyone else. Science is a scam. tHe mEDiA cAnT bE trUsTed. liVe FrEe or dIE!
You fucking suck.

Smellytele

We should all feel sorry for poor Krusty, the number one fairy here at Alpine Zone fairytale land....wasted everyday-all day since he was fourteen. He wants me to die from my head exploding if I watch Fox News. Leave the ignorant-indoctrinated-immature stoner alone to waste away in his fairytale land.
I think you’re both asses in your own special ways but at least kusty does add things to conversations and this forum that are relevant to skiing.

MidnightJester

Guess the North East is a little lucky as its a a lot closer to refined fuel Distillates stockpiles but not a good sign for winter

Last edited:

bigbob

Guess the North East is a little lucky as its a a lot closer to refined fuel Distillates stockpiles but not a good sign for winter
Some of our fuel comes out of Irving's New Brunswick refinery. They have their own ships to transport the fuel and have their own ship building company! They have storage facilities in Portland Maine and Portsmouth NH. The refinery was down for maintenance recently.

KustyTheKlown

lol. There’s no if here. I want you to be dead. Full stop. You’re irredeemable and when people like you become extinct the rest of us can get on with it

Last edited:

ThatGuy

Chill Leopard GIF

machski

Going to be a wild Diesel and Home heating fuel(#2) price type of winter. Can't leave out Propane and natural gas that are trying to play the hurt you more is better for you deal too with price and consumption.

The crazy thing is that there is a major chunk of the population that thinks this is OK or worse great and would like it to be 2 or 3 times more expensive for fuels and energy and short on supplies too if they could.
Natural Gas is bad right now as they blame it on constrictions of liquified gas from the Russia-Ukraine conflict. We have propane at our primary residence, and knock on wood, prices have been pretty stable the last 2 years. #2 is gonna suck, especially since we are upgrading the ski crib from on hill condo with electric heat (but mid level, so the heat sandwich worked wonders 😝) to a full home that burns #2 with no alternate heat currently. Oh well.....

icecoast1

Natural Gas is bad right now as they blame it on constrictions of liquified gas from the Russia-Ukraine conflict. We have propane at our primary residence, and knock on wood, prices have been pretty stable the last 2 years. #2 is gonna suck, especially since we are upgrading the ski crib from on hill condo with electric heat (but mid level, so the heat sandwich worked wonders 😝) to a full home that burns #2 with no alternate heat currently. Oh well.....
my natural gas costs have gone up but it's still way cheaper to heat with that than oil, propane or electric

zyk

This may be the first year I don't complain about the oil furnace going down and the subsequent shift to 100% wood heat. Mornings can be quite cold, and its alot of work but 15 cord in the yard is peace of mind.