• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Tenney Mountain

thetrailboss

Staff member
Nice toys, but do they have enough staff to actually run them or is Mike going to be running around doing it himself? Any job listings there?

I like what Mike has done and he got us all excited years ago with the FB videos, etc. But there are only so many of them I can watch before asking, "what is going on--really?"

2planks2coasts

Nice toys, but do they have enough staff to actually run them or is Mike going to be running around doing it himself? Any job listings there?

I like what Mike has done and he got us all excited years ago with the FB videos, etc. But there are only so many of them I can watch before asking, "what is going on--really?"
They don't even have a functioning website. As of today at least, both urls they've used in the past are up for sale. Not gonna sell many tix or hire many employees with just a FB page.

Last edited:

bigbob

Yeah, the previous owners could fuck up a wet dream.

I wish whoever the new owner is all the success in the world. Mike too, really, nothing personal against him and he's still clearly involved.
Wasn't Mike the prevous owner?

thetrailboss

Staff member
Wasn't Mike the prevous owner?
Seems he is/was a minority owner. The real owner emerged right before the recent sale. That majority owner previously was a young 20 or 30 something guy with no industry experience. I believe that the new majority owner is a real estate developer/property management company from MA.

Mum skier

They now have a web site up and running. http://skitenney.com

lots of Facebook posts about redecorating the lodge and new snow making equipment arriving. But not clear if any staff to run it, and maybe most important whether the old lifts pass inspection.

But fingers crossed for them.

thetrailboss

Staff member
They now have a web site up and running. http://skitenney.com

lots of Facebook posts about redecorating the lodge and new snow making equipment arriving. But not clear if any staff to run it, and maybe most important whether the old lifts pass inspection.

But fingers crossed for them.
He had a post on Facebook inviting people to apply for work. But as of now I guess he will be selling tickets while running the lift and have to take a break to turn off the snowmaking. I wish them well but this seems to be really odd.

Mum skier

They are also saying they will have snow tubing, night skiing and offering guided snowshoe hikes. Never heard of walking before you can run I guess!

The no passes sort of makes sense. They may have to refund if they cant open enough days. I’m not in marketing but maybe they have to go really really low price with day tickets this year. Under $50. Or $100 for a family for a day sort of thing. Try to get people back. Then put out an early pay pass deal for following year. Like Ragged, you have to pay by April for next year to get money in.

2planks2coasts

A small step in the direction of appearing to have their s•it together. I think the snowshoe hikes and such are key to their successful reopening.

thetrailboss

Staff member
They are also saying they will have snow tubing, night skiing and offering guided snowshoe hikes. Never heard of walking before you can run I guess!

The no passes sort of makes sense. They may have to refund if they cant open enough days. I’m not in marketing but maybe they have to go really really low price with day tickets this year. Under $50. Or $100 for a family for a day sort of thing. Try to get people back. Then put out an early pay pass deal for following year. Like Ragged, you have to pay by April for next year to get money in.
The web site has a lot of “coming soon” on it.

mgalluzz1

Tenney was targeting re-opening this Friday but it's been delayed a few weeks due to the weather, targeting before the end of the month now. New snow guns and a new groomer, so there has been some significant investment in addition to the lodge renovations. They have just agreed to join the No Boundaries Pass as well: https://www.skinoboundaries.com/noboundariespass

IceEidolon

Maybe they'll have decent coverage for President's Day ops - if they get an entire off-season with a staffed up crew starting this spring, they could actually operate next year. There's enough snowmaking equipment on site, they just need to use it (and to spin up all the other departments that aren't lifts...)