• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Skiing trip saved me from Covid!

skiur

People still care about covid? Unless you are immunocompromised covid is a bunch of nothing and immunocompromised people need to take there own precautions, the general public does not need to protect them.

cdskier

People still care about covid? Unless you are immunocompromised covid is a bunch of nothing and immunocompromised people need to take there own precautions, the general public does not need to protect them.

Having just had it in September...I disagree that it is a "bunch of nothing". But I also don't think it is something that we need to stop our lives to hide from.

drjeff

Having just had it in September...I disagree that it is a "bunch of nothing". But I also don't think it is something that we need to stop our lives to hide from.
100% agree that it's still around, and will be around for the rest of all of our lives. Time to deal with it. If/when we get it, and then again, and then again in reality, just take it easy for a few days until you feel better, use some basic hygiene practices, and we will all (or atleast the vast majority of us) get back to something really close to a normal way of life in pre Covid times, where yes, we often had regular in the late Fall/early Winter time frame outbreaks of respiratory viruses, and got through them without dramtically altering day to day life

GregoryIsaacs

Not trying to be political, but I wonder if we will ever know what happened in China November 2019.

Doesn't matter at this point in the grand scheme of things, but still doesn't change the fact that we lived through basically a sci-fi horror movie for a good couple months before everyone got it and the virus "won"....... and still nobody knows wtf happened.

Hawk

I know what happened. The Chinese created a virus, released it onto the world that altered our brains and made us all F-ing stupid. That is what happened. I see it everyday. On here, at work, at home, everywhere. At my job, things show up on the job site all f-ed up. Simple things. I ask questions, I get stupid anwsers. No one wants to work. Everybody complains constantly about everything.

All kidding aside I am really stating to think there is something to this. Not really but my god the world is a different place now.

Tonyr

fuck your "feelings"....

A response like that reminds me of something Krusty would say. Were you were wishing death on people too who didn't follow the exact narrative during the height of Covid???

Dickc

I know what happened. The Chinese created a virus, released it onto the world that altered our brains and made us all F-ing stupid. That is what happened. I see it everyday. On here, at work, at home, everywhere. At my job, things show up on the job site all f-ed up. Simple things. I ask questions, I get stupid anwsers. No one wants to work. Everybody complains constantly about everything.

All kidding aside I am really stating to think there is something to this. Not really but my god the world is a different place now.
You just described what "entitlement" is to most people. They do not understand pride in doing it right or well, just "what's in it for me".

skiur

I've had it 3 times, 1st time it was equivalent of the flu, second time it was a cold, third time I didn't even know I had it.

skiur

Maybe wash your hands more often.
If your around it, your going to get it. I've had it 3 times in almost 3 years. You have never had a cold once a year? My wife works in schools in NYC, its going to be in those petri dishes. Lucky for us between our 2 phizer vaccines early on (haven't had a booster) and our natural immunity our bodies know how to fight it and it's not really any worse than the common cold (which many strains are actually coronaviruses). So to answer your snide comment, no I don't think I need to wash my hands any more than I do.

RH29

Because, I STRONGLY FEEL, there is a great degree of importance in having a face to face conversation, and seeing their smile (and mine) after I just worked on them.
And I STRONGLY FEEL, that there is a great degree of importance in not getting sick, especially if it originates from a medical facility.

RH29

a doctor wearing a mask is hardly "stopping our lives". I don't even advocate for mask mandates in general, but it seems like common sense for them to be worn in medical facilities.

Edd

If your around it, your going to get it. I've had it 3 times in almost 3 years. You have never had a cold once a year? My wife works in schools in NYC, its going to be in those petri dishes. Lucky for us between our 2 phizer vaccines early on (haven't had a booster) and our natural immunity our bodies know how to fight it and it's not really any worse than the common cold (which many strains are actually coronaviruses). So to answer your snide comment, no I don't think I need to wash my hands any more than I do.
Yeah man, sounds like you’ve got a tight lid on it.

cdskier

a doctor wearing a mask is hardly "stopping our lives". I don't even advocate for mask mandates in general, but it seems like common sense for them to be worn in medical facilities.

I never once suggested that any medical professional should not wear a mask.