• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Tenney Mountain

LuckyStrike

If anyone heads over there today please let us know how it was. I'm thinking of heading up tomorrow and selfishly want a report :devilish:

thetrailboss

Staff member
The distinction isn’t always s great as we like to make it keeping in mind that Scotland and Ireland are all of 12 miles apart at the nearest.
Very true. The Scots and Irish do have a lot in common and, historically, at least one common enemy.

Dickc

1558444_10153986119983559_5880150068047716287_n.jpg

LuckyStrike

What a day at today at Tenney. Started riding through chunks and crust around 9:30 and ended at 4:00 tailpressing down a mountian of butter. Impossible to describe how much fun I had but if you're on a skigeek forum then you know what I'm talking about. Are there any other mountains in NE that are like Tenney? Natural terrain, uncrowded, inexpensive, unpretentious etc....? Magic (which I love) is like that but I've got the "Magic just has soul" chairlift speech one too many times.

thetrailboss

Staff member
What a day at today at Tenney. Started riding through chunks and crust around 9:30 and ended at 4:00 tailpressing down a mountian of butter. Impossible to describe how much fun I had but if you're on a skigeek forum then you know what I'm talking about. Are there any other mountains in NE that are like Tenney? Natural terrain, uncrowded, inexpensive, unpretentious etc....? Magic (which I love) is like that but I've got the "Magic just has soul" chairlift speech one too many times.
Try Burke

LuckyStrike

Thanks guys. I'll put Burke on my list. I could hit Whaleback coming back from VT one day. Has anyone skied (what I assume to be) the wind turbine access road? Is it possible?

LuckyStrike

When you're on the lift nearing the top if you look to the right there appears to be another peak with the turbines right behind it. There is what appears to be a trail or trails coming down from the top of this peak.

thetrailboss

Staff member
When you're on the lift nearing the top if you look to the right there appears to be another peak with the turbines right behind it. There is what appears to be a trail or trails coming down from the top of this peak.
IIRC that is outside Tenney's property lines. I might be wrong though.....