• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Stowe Thread

BenedictGomez

They groomed Chin Clip?

Maybe it's my memory, but I don't ever recall that. Typically huge moguls because it's never been groomed dating back to the Cretaceous Period.

kingslug

We do...also like seeing where we are going...
Doesn't look too promising in that regard right now. Think I'll bag it until the weekend.
Lots of packing to do....lots!

gladerider

was there during the prez wknd for the 1st time in like 10 years. wanted to get a printed trail maps. they said 'nope', use your phone.

MidnightJester

was there during the prez wknd for the 1st time in like 10 years. wanted to get a printed trail maps. they said 'nope', use your phone.
Unless they drag another new Box of maps out of lost and found or somewhere else they are out of them. They had them earlier in the year. FUCK THE PHONE for maps. They should have access to a on demand printer to make as needed at the end of the season. Full maps or even reduced to fit on one page or letter size pages. Most kids have phones but a map might help a lost kid, adult or clueless person much more.

MidnightJester

But...it's great trying to look at your phone in a 40 mph storm at the top....

Could be easier than looking at a paper map in a 40 mph storm at the top....
Not that either is great but I fold the map to the pods and adjacent lifts in the area and the map is 1/4 or way less of the whole size to withstand the windy days. Your lucky to get more then a few trails on most phones. Even on my larger phone its not the greatest for pointing out planned runs or what to do to multiple people. Pretty easy to do that stunt with a real map.

Smellytele

Not that either is great but I fold the map to the pods and adjacent lifts in the area and the map is 1/4 or way less of the whole size to withstand the windy days. Your lucky to get more then a few trails on most phones. Even on my larger phone its not the greatest for pointing out planned runs or what to do to multiple people. Pretty easy to do that stunt with a real map.
Doesn't Stowe have large maps at the top of their lifts?

MidnightJester

Doesn't Stowe have large maps at the top of their lifts?
Yes as do most mountains. But that is limited to launch points usually and forget about that sign to help you while on LIFT line or LIFT itself. I lose enough time with everything else and spending time reading the Giant mountain map after lift exit is not high on my list but have done it from time to time. 2 times this year that map was wind blown with ice and snow and you could only make out the middle part of the map

hovercraft

We do...also like seeing where we are going...
Doesn't look too promising in that regard right now. Think I'll bag it until the weekend.
Lots of packing to do....lots!
Snow was great today, couple of sprinkles throughout the day. Slug you have to show up!