• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

MTB: Nass / Stone Road - 10/1, 4:30 pm

bvibert

Staff member
I'd love to get in on this ride, but alas, it's Carrie's b-day... So I'll be otherwise occupied.

bvibert

Staff member
Honey, they're riding 10/1... wednesday. :D

But yes, you're busy anyway. Unless we can work a miracle for babysitting...

Dammit, why did I think I read that it moved to Thursday?? :oops: Well anyway, I'm busy that day too, as I already stated earlier.... I'll shut up now...

Last edited:

Greg

Staff member
lol, the only thing you guys truly care about is watching me suck at something. All these years of me kicking your asses up and down bump runs is gonna come out in a raging fury.

You're not gonna beat me up and take my wallet too, are you?

He he he. 2....maybe 3 more years before I wipe you out on a bump run as well as on an MTB. Enjoy it while it lasts..... :lol:

we've got a small group riding out of Stone for 5pm on Tuesday if anyone wants in.

Jealous. Undoubtedly better weather tomorrow. Can't swing it though....

Greg

Staff member
greg
pow
poach
grassi21
2knees <-- I assume you're in?

2knees

greg
pow
poach
grassi21
2knees <-- I assume you're in?

oh i'm in. rain or shine.

when you come from new haven, do you go up 91 to 691 to 84 and then get off exit 31? thats what mapquest said but i thought i'd ask anyway.

Greg

Staff member
oh i'm in. rain or shine.

when you come from new haven, do you go up 91 to 691 to 84 and then get off exit 31? thats what mapquest said but i thought i'd ask anyway.

I'll be going up route 8.

Greg

Staff member
BTW, everybody - be sure to access Stone Road via George Washington Turnpike. I do not believe you can pass through coming north up Stone Road.

Grassi21

BTW, everybody - be sure to access Stone Road via George Washington Turnpike. I do not believe you can pass through coming north up Stone Road.

Time to look at a map...

o3jeff

It does go thru, I have been cutting thru that way the past few times riding there and it saves me a couple minutes.

Grassi21

It does go thru, I have been cutting thru that way the past few times riding there and it saves me a couple minutes.

give me some street names guys. from where we park near the cemetery, where do i go?

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Do you go 8 to 118 to 4 to 69 when we park at Scoville?
For the guys coming from points south, it would make more sense IMHO to get off at the Thomaston exit for Route 6 and take that to Route 69. Otherwise, you're doing a lot of backtracking. And with the bridge work going on just north of Northfield (where the Southbound lane has been diverted into part of Northbound) at least then you'll skip that headache.

Again, JMHO...

Depending on where 2knees is coming from exactly, he could also take Rt 9>Rt 72 into Bristol, then take that over to a right onto 229. Follow to Route 6, then left onto 6, right onto Jerome (right where Friendly's is), left onto Maple, then right onto 69. Or if he wants less turns... 72>229>6>69. But turning onto Jerome>Maple>69 saves a little traffic.