• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

When have you hit "Tuna Speed"?

I had my skis rattling pretty good as I flew down Lynx @ Sunapee last weekend and while it wasn't "76 mph" :lol:,I think I may have brushed into Tuna Speed territory for a second!

When have you reached the infamous Tuna Speed(TM)?

ImageUploadedByAlpineZone1391628109.609238.jpg

Last edited:

bdfreetuna

Every moment I am skiing is TunaSpeed(TM). That is the definition of TunaSpeed(TM). Others can only aspire.

Sunapee is a good place to go fast if it's not crowded.. a few long trails with little or no major turns or intersections.

Puck it

Every moment I am skiing is TunaSpeed(TM). That is the definition of TunaSpeed(TM). Others can only aspire.

Sunapee is a good place to go fast if it's not crowded.. a few long trails with little or no major turns or intersections.

Tunaspeed is letting is rip on Avalanche or Paulie's Folly with no check!!!!

Cornhead

bdfreetuna, will you be attending the AZ Summit? I would like to witness tunaspeed in person. First tracks would be a good time to let em rip, scare some 1% ers.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

bdfreetuna

bdfreetuna, will you be attending the AZ Summit? I would like to witness tunaspeed in person. First tracks would be a good time to let em rip, scare some 1% ers.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Sorry too broke to attend the Summit! TunaSpeed(TM) is difficult to witness, unless the witness were to ski down most of the mountain to the location where the skier is most likely to reach terminal velocity.

What app is this and is it available on Android?

Ski Tracks. I have the premium version on the iPhone and it only costs $.99. It probably is on Android and you should totally get it, well worth the money. It has a GPS map that shows where you were on the mountain and has stats on each run. For example, I was able to see exactly where on the trail I hit my top speed etc...

Not always accurate, but it's a fun little tool.

skiNEwhere

This one time I decided to just point my ski's downhill and see what would happen. I hit 156+ mph. Does that count as Tuna speed times 2? (TSx2)

Brad J

Sorry too broke to attend the Summit! TunaSpeed(TM) is difficult to witness, unless the witness were to ski down most of the mountain to the location where the skier is most likely to reach terminal velocity.

Can we start a fund so he can attend the Summit, I sure would love to witness "TUNA SPEED"