• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Very useful information

dlague

In case some of you needed some chair lift tips I found this. Geez I have been going about this all wrong!

Really? HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Edd

Outstanding tips on enjoying the view. Cowboy hat gets bonus points.

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone

dlague

Imagine being the person who is actually looking for these videos! That is a scary thought! Poor beginners who are approaching the chairlift and do not see the first red line they mention.

Cornhead

They don't show how to get on chairlift that has a moving floor. Fail.
Ah, memories.:wink: Don't feel bad, they had to stop the new conveyor lift for me at Greek this year, my pole got stuck in the gate, I yanked it through, it landed on the conveyor, I bent down to pick it up and couldn't grab it. It was probably because I don't bend at the waist very well these days, or the stiffness of my new mittens, I'm going with the mittens.

skiNEwhere

I just used a conveyer lift for the first time this year as well. Thankfully no drama

It was the supreme lift at alta, and I thought it was interesting in the fact the the lift didn't feel faster than any normal fixed grip lift.

skiNEwhere

They should have a video for the t-bar for snowboarders. I've seen snowboarders just hold the T with their hands, which can get pretty tricky seeing as that lift goes up a pretty steep slope for a surface lift

Edit: left out the lift I was referring to, the t bar at breck

Last edited:

dlague

They should have a video for the t-bar for snowboarders. I've seen snowboarders just hold the T with their hands, which can get pretty tricky seeing as that lift goes up a pretty steep slope for a surface lift

Or Snowboarders using a poma lift! Cannot hook it between your legs so under the arm is commonly used. My snowboarding son hates poma lifts.

RENO

Or Snowboarders using a poma lift! Cannot hook it between your legs so under the arm is commonly used. My snowboarding son hates poma lifts.
I hook the poma between my legs all the time when I use it. When I get to the loading area I strap into my bindings fully first like I would before heading down the mountain and then place the poma disc between my legs. A little harder than doing it with skis, but still fairly easy. If your back foot is out of the binding it just isn't gonna work. You sway too much left and right and bounce around too much on a board and the board is gonna slip out from under the back foot. If you just grab the bar with your arms you're going down also. The first few times I attempted it and failed it was because I grabbed the bar or didn't get both feet locked into the bindings. Pain!:lol: