• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Tips for Skiing on Sand

MadPatSki

Website
madpatski.wordpress.com
Eh, don't really recommend it, too slow. Wet grass and rocks is more fun in my experience.
That is why it needs to be steep. The skiing is like your on sandpaper unless you can get enough speed. I was able to carve turns. See the pic of me, you can see my tracks behind. Wet sand is better. It was an experience; I'm happy I did it.

Highway Star

That is why it needs to be steep. The skiing is like your on sandpaper unless you can get enough speed. I was able to carve turns. See the pic of me, you can see my tracks behind. Wet sand is better. It was an experience; I'm happy I did it.

I tried sand pits as a teenager, on dry sand, was not able to get any sort of viable glide. Tried various things on the base of the skis.

However, I've being using this teflon lube on various things for the part year or so, I bet it would work pretty good for skis on sand:

http://www.lowes.com/pd_213197-39963-D00110101_0__?productId=1059839

Savemeasammy

Skiing on sand? You must be desperate for a fix!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mbedle

There is actually a place in Germany that has ski lift(s) installed on a sand mound left over from mining. Its called Monte Kaolino and has about 400 vertical feet of skiing.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 68

dlague

I found cord!

ImageUploadedByAlpineZone1404339463.957441.jpg

There are videos of people skiing these dunes at Wellfleet on the Cape. Look it up on YouTube.

ImageUploadedByAlpineZone1404339510.136904.jpg