• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Cato: some excitement or meh?

Old Duderino

I notice there isn't much discussion about the first winter storm of the season. Looking at the storm track it looks like it may drop about 1.5 feet of snow in southern VT and NH. Judging by what were getting now in the DC suburbs it looks like it's going to be as wet as it gets and with the limited open terrain anywhere most likely to provide base and grooming fodder.

So is anyone planning to hit it tomorrow? Any resort planning to open new trails as a result of this storm?

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
I notice there isn't much discussion about the first winter storm of the season. Looking at the storm track it looks like it may drop about 1.5 feet of snow in southern VT and NH. Judging by what were getting now in the DC suburbs it looks like it's going to be as wet as it gets and with the limited open terrain anywhere most likely to provide base and grooming fodder.

So is anyone planning to hit it tomorrow? Any resort planning to open new trails as a result of this storm?

Always excitement when there's snow involved, I had mine earlier in the day,
Hunkered down for now , have to pick up a kid at the Airport at 6

http://forums.alpinezone.com/showthread.php/133660-A-White-T-Day

at 3:00 ....6''

BenedictGomez

I notice there isn't much discussion about the first winter storm of the season. ?

There's a ton of discussion, you're just not looking in the right place.

FWIW, friends dont let friends use The Weather Channels unscientific, useless, unsound, and ridiculous winter storm names, which exist for no other reason than to scare people, incite fear, and generate web hits, media attention, ratings, and marketing dollars.

Dont be a pawn.

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
There's a ton of discussion, you're just not looking in the right place.

FWIW, friends dont let friends use The Weather Channels unscientific, useless, unsound, and ridiculous winter storm names, which exist for no other reason than to scare people, incite fear, and generate web hits, media attention, ratings, and marketing dollars.

Dont be a pawn.

Their tag line" X Millions of people affected"......Although I do watch,,,Jen Carfagno's Sweet

Last edited:

Domeskier

My first thought when clicking on this thread was that there has to be a more appropriate forum on the internet to discuss the merits of Roman statesmen. My first thought after reading it was that I'm glad my cable service doesn't carry the Weather Channel!