• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Top 5 East Coast Spring Skiing Destinations

SkiFanE

MRG & K. SR if it lasts til May - great fun on Barker deck (sunny deck is key to spring skiing) - but I can't see them having more than that and Locke open. 2-3!years ago I got MRG on a Friday of their last wekend, early April. Omg- epic day, my one and only day there and I will love that mountain forever. Everything was open, 10am it warmed up nicely, bluebird and no line .The next week it rained and rained and they had to close. Get it while the getting's good.

Love K. SL is just too far. I usually wrap up my ski year on SS - love it.

gladerider

i am debating whether to hit killington or stratton this saturday. what would be a better option?

gladerider

I was at Stratton Saturday and my advice would be don't go there. Didn't Killington get it even worse with an ice storm?

Go north to Bolton or Stowe

thanks for the intel tuna. it's a tough choice. NVT is out of my day trip range.
i might have to just go up to stowe or bush.

I saw that Wildcat is snowmaking again to try and extend the season till May. That will be top to bottom on the quad and 2,100 vert ft of skiing with great view of Mt. Washington across the street. Can't be beat unless you are actually across the street!

machski

Well, I'm usually SR til close with a few treks the 1:45 ride up to SL on days that look to be prime spring. Ski SL til it closes then K til close. This season though I will be skiing SR and K a full mix, could not pass up the Norbeaster spring pass given the depth on SS and Skylark/Bittersweet. Here
's hoping ma nature cooperates for June turns!

Puck it

We need less sausage and more this!!!!!!!

bikini-clad-snow-skier.jpg

For my snowboarding friends too.

skiinginbikinis19-e1356105483447.jpg

catsup948

I live really far from Sugarloaf so I've never experienced spring up there. My list is based off where I've skied in spring...
Wildcat- one lift 2000 vert, views, tons of coverage
Magic- black line, black line pub, soft bumps, gnarly terrain
Killington- soft bumps, fast lifts, late season, I feel I see a lot of hot women there in the spring
Berkshire East- flying cloud, the deck, early in the day corn

snowmonster

Sunday River - They usually have enough snow on closing day that you wonder whether they could go on for another 2 weeks. The balcony at the Barker Bar is the place to be.

Sugarloaf - THE King of Spring

Killington - Haven't been in a while but Superstar can really be a glacier

Jay Peak - Ski in the morning, surf in the afternoon. What's not to like?

The Presidentials - The later in the spring, the longer the hike in and out. No matter. Can't go wrong with Tuckerman Ravine, Gulf of Slides, Great Gulf, Monroe Brook, Ammonoosuc Ravine, Burt Ravine and King Ravine. End the season with a few turns in the East Snowfields. Perfect.

steamboat1

i am debating whether to hit killington or stratton this saturday. what would be a better option?
Killington was still skiing fine as of yesterday. Yes they did get a little rain last weekend & Tues. but so did everyone else. They also had snow Tues. afternoon. Skied Sugarbush Tues & that was also good. Rain down low but all snow at elevation early, all snow everywhere in the afternoon. Visibility was the problem Tues. Good thing I know the mountain, couldn't see a thing. Couldn't even see the chair in front of me the first run.

machski

Killington was still skiing fine as of yesterday. Yes they did get a little rain last weekend & Tues. but so did everyone else. They also had snow Tues. afternoon. Skied Sugarbush Tues & that was also good. Rain down low but all snow at elevation early, all snow everywhere in the afternoon. Visibility was the problem Tues. Good thing I know the mountain, couldn't see a thing. Couldn't even see the chair in front of me the first run.

Ahh, sorry. Not every resort got rain.

Grizzly Adams

Was at Sunday Riv on Saturday and it was a beauty. a little crusty in the morning but 35 and mostly sunny by like 10am, bumps softened up and the trees in the Jordan Bowl were sweet. Some ice on the ungroomed trails in Oz but for the most party spring conditions all over the mountain. Don't know how it will be this week, heard temps are supposed to get pretty low again so they will probably keep a decent amount of snow, rode the lift with a Patroller who said theyre shooting to stay open until May 2nd