• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Lifts that are never open

steamboat1

Since we have a thread about trails that are never open I thought I'd start this one.

Quickly off the top of my head I'll start with South American at Stratton & Black at Magic.

I'm sure there are others out esteemed members can come up with.

Los

Good idea for a thread! But I can't think of anything... cannon is the only place we've been to with enough regularity to be able to know...

Having said that, the bmore double has never been open the half dozen plus times we've been to Bretton woods.

I don't think we've ever seen the valley lift open at crotched either.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

chuckstah

Never? Can't think of any. Rarely? I never see the Oz quad at Sunday River run, though I think it ran 4 days last season. I've also never seen the Duckling double at Sunapee run, but haven't been there in many years.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Never? Can't think of any. Rarely? I never see the Oz quad at Sunday River run, though I think it ran 4 days last season. I've also never seen the Duckling double at Sunapee run, but haven't been there in many years.

Second Oz Quad.

Devil's Fiddle...oh, wait. ;)

Willoughby Quad at Burke (now)

steamboat1

Devil's Fiddle...oh, wait. ;)

Lift needs to go. Such an eyesore.
I've heard, not sure, the reason they've left both Devils Fiddle & South Ridge towers in place is because if they ever wanted to install a new lift they won't have to go through the permitting process again since the lift towers are already there.

steamboat1

Does the Birdland chair at Mad River run anymore? Last I saw the chair year before last the entrance ramp at the bottom was not operational & in need of repair.

octopus

every year i fly by that oz quad. now i don't even think about it being open, its just there. also the connector chair from oz is rarely open

steamboat1

I know many are not familiar but I don't think I've ever seen the t-bar on the backside of Mt. Sainte Anne open. There's a small but separate trail pod back there.

steamboat1

This is the backside, T-bar trail pod is on your right.

attachment.php

Attachments

• MSA_NORD_NEW_CARTE_PISTES_NORD.jpg
    MSA_NORD_NEW_CARTE_PISTES_NORD.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 361

podunk77

Knomes Knoll Triple at Pico. Less certain about these, but Top Notch Double and Kachina Triple at Attitash.

Any Blandford skiers here? I'd be curious to hear how often the chair on skiers' far left operates. Skied there for the first time a couple years ago and was surprised that such a small area has three chairlifts.

prsboogie

Less certain about these, but Top Notch Double and Kachina Triple at Attitash.

Second both and add West Double - East Runs all the time. Seems redundant to have two doubles start and end at the same place, minus the midstation drop off

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Newpylong

Knomes Knoll Triple at Pico. Less certain about these, but Top Notch Double and Kachina Triple at Attitash.

Any Blandford skiers here? I'd be curious to hear how often the chair on skiers' far left operates. Skied there for the first time a couple years ago and was surprised that such a small area has three chairlifts.

Every time there is a race re: Blandford.