• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

2016-2017 Season is On! A-Basin to Open Friday

skiNEwhere

Opening day is always interesting. It's imperative to stay in your imaginary 8 foot wide turning lane and DON'T STOP.

4aprice

I like watching a-basin on camera on opening day - not sure I want to ski it though. Although early season weekends at K aren't any better. :)

I agree 100%. I'll wait. Would love start 30 days from now.

JB's hinting that there might be some interesting weather around Thanksgiving this year.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

4aprice

Yup posted this in the race is on thread! Did not dare to post it in the Northeast Skiing and Snowboard Forum since I got reprimanded for that once I moved out here.

You need to stop listening to that and keep us informed of whats going on out there. We already lost one good western corespondent with Snoseek staying east. I just booked trip 1 to Colorado from Feb 1 - 6th with good airfare out of Newark. Now the search for the March western bonanza begins.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

dlague

You need to stop listening to that and keep us informed of whats going on out there. We already lost one good western corespondent with Snoseek staying east. I just booked trip 1 to Colorado from Feb 1 - 6th with good airfare out of Newark. Now the search for the March western bonanza begins.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

Good for you! Stay in contact maybe make some runs!

On another note: Loveland concedes:

Congratulations to our friends at Arapahoe Basin Ski Area on their opening day news! We will not open this weekend, but we will keep making snow and expect to be open at some point next

dlague

Wish I was there today but duty calls! The cool thing about it - it's not for pass holders only.

14690904_855272531240043_6711412715364227994_n.jpg

Jully

Impressed with how spread out the crowds get on the trail. The line is MASSIVE (25 minutes is pretty bad in my book, though I do understand its opening day and all), and I would expect pretty bad trail conditions as a result but that does not seem to be the case!

dlague

Impressed with how spread out the crowds get on the trail. The line is MASSIVE (25 minutes is pretty bad in my book, though I do understand its opening day and all), and I would expect pretty bad trail conditions as a result but that does not seem to be the case!

It is warmer today so it will be softening up which will be both good and bad.