• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Attitash/Wildcat - Peaks Discount Gift Cards

Gforce

It seems the great deal is over this year. 10% discounts on gift cards. Big flippin' deal. This is clearly not worth paying for Ski Show parking and then admission to show, never mind the cost and time to drive in. I won't be going this year.

In past years you paid $100 and received a card loaded with $125 of value. I would always stock up on several cards and use them over the course of the season (and summer) for food & beverage or on retail stuff... Oh well... The regular Peak customers continue to get squeezed. This sends a poor message to the pass holders and other frequent guests to the their Mountains.

snoseek

Idk about feeling any real squeeze considering the heavily discounted early season pass pricing. Stuffs gotta get cut from somewhere for those cheap passes

xwhaler

The Peaks Passport for $149 is a really nice deal I think. Snow, Tash, Cat, Crotch. Hit All 4 and get a 5th bonus day to the mtn of your choice

Sent from my XT1254 using AlpineZone mobile app

Gforce

Idk about feeling any real squeeze considering the heavily discounted early season pass pricing. Stuffs gotta get cut from somewhere for those cheap passes

Not sure of your definition of "heavily discounted"
Early purchase:
'14/'15: $629
'15/'16: $659
'16/'17: $599.
It's a nice price but i wouldn't call it heavy, after a very poor season with no snow and annual snowfall trending down I believe they had little choice otherwise their early season sales would have been dismal.

Jully

Not sure of your definition of "heavily discounted"
Early purchase:
'14/'15: $629
'15/'16: $659
'16/'17: $599.
It's a nice price but i wouldn't call it heavy, after a very poor season with no snow and annual snowfall trending down I believe they had little choice otherwise their early season sales would have been dismal.

Depends on where you're trying to ski. Ask Dr. Jeff if he thinks the peaks pass is a heavy discount!

yeggous

Depends on where you're trying to ski. Ask Dr. Jeff if he thinks the peaks pass is a heavy discount!

From my perspective the slightly lower pass price coupled with erosion of the gift card deal is a net loss for me. The cost of the pass cancels out, but I will pay more for food and beer. This has made me think seriously about not buying the gift cards. The Max Pass coupled with the MWV Sampler pass is starting look more attractive for next year. Maybe next year is the time to make the switch to Boyne?

Gforce

From my perspective the slightly lower pass price coupled with erosion of the gift card deal is a net loss for me. The cost of the pass cancels out, but I will pay more for food and beer. This has made me think seriously about not buying the gift cards. The Max Pass coupled with the MWV Sampler pass is starting look more attractive for next year. Maybe next year is the time to make the switch to Boyne?

Precisely. Net Loss.

drjeff

Amen to that! Saved my family well over $1000 over the previous year when we had 2 adult Nor'easters and 2 Kid's Nor'easters!

yeggous

Amen to that! Saved my family well over $1000 over the previous year when we had 2 adult Nor'easters and 2 Kid's Nor'easters!

Sounds like regressive economics to me. Let's redistribute some of that wealth from you rich Mt Snow skiers to us working class Granite State skiers.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

Jully

sounds like regressive economics to me. Let's redistribute some of that wealth from you rich mt snow skiers to us working class granite state skiers.

Sent from my iphone using alpinezone mobile app

HAHAHA perfect.

drjeff

Sounds like regressive economics to me. Let's redistribute some of that wealth from you rich Mt Snow skiers to us working class Granite State skiers.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

Last time I checked, don't you Granite State folks get access to my Mount Snow now that you didn't used to? "More stuff" for all!

And the GM of Mount Snow last year literally said to me and a few of my other Mount Snow regulars, that she expects us to make up what we saved in season pass costs in bar revenue this coming season!! And our seasonal bar tabs, typically run the equiavlent of multiple old price Nor'easter passes!! I'll gladly help augment the NH Peak pass crews "regressive" economic wow's any Saturday afternoon that I'm around at Mount Snow in the 2nd floor bar in the base lodge, The Station Taproom - I'm usually there, typically sitting near the corner of the bar with my wife and other friends most non powder Saturdays after 1! :) :beer:

deadheadskier

Staff member
I'd be curious as to how many Granite Pass skiers go to Mount Snow and how many Mt Snow folks come over here now that the products are combined. I'd imagine Snow grabs some Crotched skiers, but minimal MWV skiers. Unless you live in SW NH, Snow is a major pain in the ass to get to from much of the state.

Sent from my XT1565 using AlpineZone mobile app

yeggous

I'd be curious as to how many Granite Pass skiers go to Mount Snow and how many Mt Snow folks come over here now that the products are combined. I'd imagine Snow grabs some Crotched skiers, but minimal MWV skiers. Unless you live in SW NH, Snow is a major pain in the ass to get to from much of the state.

+1

Mt Snow is a PITA to get to. For me it is two and a half hours west on back roads. In snowy weather, it's a lot longer than that. That same drive would get me to most ski areas in New England, so why do to Mount Sneaux?

And the crowds serve as a strong deterrent. I went there once last year, and only because it was free with my pass.

Dr Jeff, I will take you up on that beer if I make it there. I always regret it, but I make an annual trip to southern VT. This year I'm planning on February 24-26.

VTKilarney

Um, not for nothing, but this makes me chuckle. If there is a leader in the Clubhouse for AZ skiers complaining about their home mountain, it's probably a tie between you with Burke and Highwaystar with Killington. ;)

Uh... Burke had real problems. Have you seen me complain since management changed? I think not. Complaining about Quiros was very justified.