• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

New Powder Tonight But Where

Status
Not open for further replies.

benski

The Park was actually his plan to make another golf course. Its right near this facility, http://trumpparkresidences.com/IE/index.html
and a few miles from my house.
It was donated so he could write off the expense of buying the land as a charity donation. Its been named that for a long time, I think since it was donated. It defiantly should not be on the map since it is a small forest preserve with no maintenance or facilities and officially closed. There is a sign on the Taconic for the park but I suspect thats only there becouse Trump's goal in life is to get his name everywhere.

catskills

OMG - I go to this website to get away from Politics. :puke:

Its Powder where everyone should be happy with a big smile on their face. :beer:

wtcobb

It was donated so he could write off the expense of buying the land as a charity donation. Its been named that for a long time, I think since it was donated. It defiantly should not be on the map since it is a small forest preserve with no maintenance or facilities and officially closed. There is a sign on the Taconic for the park but I suspect thats only there becouse Trump's goal in life is to get his name everywhere.

Can you ski there?

If not, IDGAF!

deadheadskier

Staff member
Guys, I recognize the politics comments were mostly joking, but even at that such comments can and do piss people off as evidenced by the comments against them in this thread.

I could go back and delete all the comments

I could lock the thread

Or people can cut the crap, which Jim G asked folks to do.

AZ has had a no politics policy from the start. Please respect it. Especially in a storm discussion thread for crying out loud.

Sent from my XT1565 using AlpineZone mobile app

cdskier

We need more POWDERticians not politicians!

On another off topic political note:

Which US presidents were skiers? Were there any snowboarders?

Now that's an interesting question. Here's what I came up with potentially:

Ford, Carter, Reagan, JFK. Also found a picture of Coolidge trying on skis on the white house lawn...but not sure if he actually skied or if that was just some publicity thing.

Skiing must be a logistical nightmare for the secret service (and subsequently the resort they are skiing at).

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
Anyway...the stars have aligned for a Flatlander's Powder Paradise. I will be at Thunder Ridge or Mohawk. Perhaps a 10-3 session at Thunder Ridge then a 4-9 session at Mohawk...I'll buy two lift tickets if each place can squeak out a foot+. When your home hills haven't been blessed with double-digit snow totals in 2 years it's worth it.

JimG.

Staff member
Anyway...the stars have aligned for a Flatlander's Powder Paradise. I will be at Thunder Ridge or Mohawk. Perhaps a 10-3 session at Thunder Ridge then a 4-9 session at Mohawk...I'll buy two lift tickets if each place can squeak out a foot+. When your home hills haven't been blessed with double-digit snow totals in 2 years it's worth it.

Will Thunder Ridge be open? More importantly, will the double chair be running to the better terrain at the top? Or will they try to groom everything? TR clientele not known for ripping deep powder.

Since I live about 20 minutes from TR it might be worth it as a goof to go there tomorrow.

Jully

Or will they try to groom everything?

It always amazes me when ski areas do that! Wachusett is likely to do the same with this storm as a lot will fall before their second daily groom...

I might leave work early because of the "snow" and trek up to Crotched. It may end up being almost a 2.5 hour drive depending on rush hour and snow, but if the storm appears to be delivering as far north as S. NH it'll be worth it!

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
Will Thunder Ridge be open? More importantly, will the double chair be running to the better terrain at the top? Or will they try to groom everything? TR clientele not known for ripping deep powder.

Since I live about 20 minutes from TR it might be worth it as a goof to go there tomorrow.

They were open on Tuesday when neither Catamount nor Mohawk were. Check the webcam by 9am and you should see mountain ops on the hill if they're open. I'm nervous about the double chair not operating as well...midweek day staffing for lifts has been a bit short. The storm should be only half-over by the time the 10am opening bell is rung, so even if they do groom there'll be plenty of fluff on top. Fool's Delight (the legitimately steep trail under the triple) just got it's snowmaking done and will be ungroomed (they can't groom it). Laps down that is reason enough to go for me, imho.

If you do go tomorrow it's $25, and I doubt there will be more than 20 people on the hill (in the morning at least). As you said, the clientele does not ski powder. I wouldn't say there'll be lots of fresh powder (narrow trails and not much open) but plenty of chop pow to go around. Lot's of "hidden" stuff should be in play too with a foot of snow.

If you do go I'll be in a beige jacket on Icelantic Keeper SKNY skis...look for the most badass skis on the hill with a creepy face on them, lol.

Los

And fuck the orange man.

Just couldn't help yourself...

So let me ask, with the statement "And fuck the orange man" what point are you trying to make? What action are you exhorting us to take? Are you crying out for help? Or are you just showing off so that we all know you're a hip, tolerant, anti-fascist?

Status
Not open for further replies.