• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

NH lift lines

SkiDog9

How are NH ski areas handling ticket sales and lift lines? We skied Windham (NY) over new years which was 50% capacity. So while the conditions sucked, the lift lines were non-existent making the day bearable. Any idea if NH ski areas are significantly cutting ticket sales? Because, if not, the lift lines are going to be brutal!

deadheadskier

Staff member
Due to reduced chair capacity, whatever limits in ticket reductions has been cancelled out. The Vail Epic resorts this year all have lines much longer than normal seasons.

machski

Many are limiting ticket sales, but at Loon you cannot even buy a day ticket. I think midweek you might be able to get a late day half ticket, but that is it. It's passholders, ticket packs and Ikon pass (Ikon needs an advanced reservation at Loon) and that is pretty much it. Even with that, was up midweek and they still had some substantial lines for a midweek last tues and thurs.

Edd

Gunstock has limited ticket sales. They sell out pretty much every day but the word is the midweek/weekday crowds have evened out more than normal. Lift lines haven’t been bad at all.

Reservations required for indoor dining but they’ve got a food truck or two in the lot.

giantfan

Many are limiting ticket sales, but at Loon you cannot even buy a day ticket. I think midweek you might be able to get a late day half ticket, but that is it. It's passholders, ticket packs and Ikon pass (Ikon needs an advanced reservation at Loon) and that is pretty much it. Even with that, was up midweek and they still had some substantial lines for a midweek last tues and thurs.
You can buy full day and multi-day tickets at Loon. They do sell out some weekends/holidays but are available for sale on weekends.

machski

You can buy full day and multi-day tickets at Loon. They do sell out some weekends/holidays but are available for sale on weekends.

Well, that explains the midweek crowds then. I didn't think they would keep to that once the season got into swing, but that is what they were advertising in the fall when the Loon only passes went back on sale.

2planks2coasts

Honestly, they haven't been bad. I mainly ski midweek, but even over holiday week I haven't waited more than a few minutes. Hit locals sunday at BW yesterday and the gondi had 5-10 minute lines, the quads a bit less.

machski

Honestly, they haven't been bad. I mainly ski midweek, but even over holiday week I haven't waited more than a few minutes. Hit locals sunday at BW yesterday and the gondi had 5-10 minute lines, the quads a bit less.
Last Tuesday and to some extent Thursday were quite bad for a weekday. Maybe folks extended their holiday week, but Kanc had a consistent 10 minute wait and North had a good 5-10 wait as well. Since they were bad, I didn't even drop to the Octagon since 7Bros wasn't spinning. South even had a bit of a line which is all but unheard of midweek. I skied Loon again today and much more normal for a midweek Tuesday. Even dropped to the Gondi, a bit of a line but not bad. And while it wasn't scheduled, 7Bros was spinning today which was nice.

2planks2coasts

yeah.. Loon. I've avoided the place so far this season. Always seems to be more crowded than Cannon.

Newpylong

My only experience in NH thus far has been home base of Ragged and the lines have only seemed a little longer than usual. Once on the hill the trails are largely fine.

JDMRoma

weekends have been way longer than 3 minutes at Cannon, Saturdays anyway !

beyond.the.lodge

Mount Sunapee on Monday had a line that in normal years would be 5-10min, but way more like 15-20min this year because of limited chair capacity. Crotched was not busy at all when I went Monday afternoon