• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Bromley 12/7/13

4aprice

Date: 12/7/13

Conditions: Hard Pack

Trip Report:

So as per usual the original plans did not work. Originally was going to head to Jiminy with the boy, up to Rutland for Sat night and probably Mt Snow and back to Jersey Sunday. That all changed Friday night when the daughter called and wanted my wife to come up (originally not going) and meet her new house mates for next year when she moves off campus. So took off at 6am and drove to Castleton arriving around 9:30. Bromley has a 1/2 day ticket so the boy and I decided to ski there.

Arrived around noon and got ready to go. My 1st day out so the boots decided to give me fits and had to walk around for about 1/2 hour unbuckled to settle the foot in the bed.

Southern Vermont can use some snow but Bromley had done a decent job getting several trails open. 3 or 4 ways down from the top. I wouldn't call it a skating rink but there was definitely a sheen to the snow. Typical early season conditions and what we affectionately call down here Pocono Pavement, but with a fresh pre season tune I had a good grip on the snow. Started with 2 half mountain runs and then lapped the summit chair about 8 times. Not really much to report as everything skied about the same. The mountain was blowing snow and with the cold weather should be in decent shape soon. A fun little mountain and a decent way to start off the season.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ