• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

2014-2015 Winter Forecast (here we go)

St. Bear

Website
twitter.com
I'd be happy to take your ticket if you'd rather stick around here...

how_about_no_evil.jpg

lstone84

Well, geez, maybe something for MLK a day too

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

4aprice

Regarding the thaws - it is true people do react but I think the general fear is something like last year might happen. I just think people are looking for the goods in the woods and it is limited right now. With warm temps comes refreeze and hopefully no r--n. The only good thing about refreeze - makes for good spring conditions.

Refresh my memory. I thought last year after a very significant January thaw, things got pretty good by mid February and stayed that way to mid April. I don't remember December last year being a time to go into the trees. This year we had the storm in December and really a 2 week window where we've already skied the trees. From what I understand a lot of that snow is still in there in some frozen form. The trees will always go in and out of play (at least here in the east). My point being you don't get wall to wall winter in the east and patience is required. The six weeks between the end of January to the middle of March could easily turn this into an over achieving ski season.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

catsup948

I love reading about the weather. This upcoming pattern could produce or we could just be cold and dry. This being said northern New england will continue to cash in with these warm systems. Western Maine could get crushed Sunday night.