• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Winter Forecast 2015-2016

slatham

Looks like I'm going down in flames with my forecast of an end of the month into December turn to winter! While we've got a bit of winter now, and may get bits and pieces here and there, it is now looking like we remain in a back and forth pattern that skews warm. That said, I don't think anyone or any model has any f-ing idea what is going to happen. So hopefully now that I've capitulated it will in fact turn cold and snow!

BenedictGomez

Judah Cohen's winter temp forecast. He's like most folks, on-board with a back-half loaded winter.

judah.jpg

skiberg

Looks like we have a major La Niña coming. I think La Niña years are like El Niño years, in that they are unpredictable and prone to periods of warmth and cold. In other words I think they are inconsistent as well, but we really need a pro to speak to this.

skiberg

Another report confirming the same

~Day 6-10 Discussion:

El nino is playing its role any least for the early winter as advertised. TheNOAA outlooks are coast to coast above normal. I went near normal in parts ofthe south and west due to the location and intensity of a southern storm track.Northern cold relative to normal does not exist and that can be said for mostof Canada too as pacific air overwhelms. As we head into the extended itappears we will see expanding warmer than normal air along with a southernstorm track. That keeps the rain chances going for ERCOT and SERC. So far, thewet winter is not quite ready to materialize over the SW, it has actually beenwet farther north.

skiberg

This is how depressing it is so far. Here is the snow report for Mont Tremblant. Not a freakin flake so far.
[h=3]Snowfall[/h]as of 11/30/15 @2:11 pm EST 0cm 24 Hrs
0cm 48 Hrs
0cm 7 Days
0cm Season Total

j law

JDMRoma

This is depressing too... Unless you have plans to go out west.

http://snowbrains.com/top-10-snowfall-totals-in-north-america-right-now/

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZonemmmmmm🔤🔤🔤🔤🔤

Woah...........Wish I was going to Alyeska at the end of the week !!

#1 = Alyeska, AK = 129″
#2 = Revelstoke, BC: =128″
#3 = Wolf Creek, CO = 112″
#4 = Kicking Horse, B.C. = 111″
#5 = Whitewater, B.C. = 104″
#6 = Loveland, CO = 100″
#7 = Sunshine Village, AB = 86″
#8 = Lake Louise, AB = 84″
#9 = Keystone, CO = 81″
#10 = Winter Park, CO = 80″

Puck it

Woah...........Wish I was going to Alyeska at the end of the week !!

#1 = Alyeska, AK = 129″
#2 = Revelstoke, BC: =128″
#3 = Wolf Creek, CO = 112″
#4 = Kicking Horse, B.C. = 111″
#5 = Whitewater, B.C. = 104″
#6 = Loveland, CO = 100″
#7 = Sunshine Village, AB = 86″
#8 = Lake Louise, AB = 84″
#9 = Keystone, CO = 81″
#10 = Winter Park, CO = 80″
Like Alex. Hope he gets to ride.