Wildcat 2015-16 Thread - Page 3

AlpineZone

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by yeggous View Post
    Today is surprisingly good. Guns are running on all their open terrain. There is just enough fresh natural to make a big difference. Secondary surface is scary grey ice where it shows through.

They are making no effort at expansion due to the forecast. The game plan is to try to bury their existing terrain to protect against next week.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app
    I like their plan , at least the skiing is as good if not better than anywhere in NE.

Was the 5" they claimed today legit? Not that it matters as it will all melt this week.

Was there today. It might have been legit, but even if it was, the wind was very strong in the morning, making it deeper in some places and nonexistent in others. I personally didn't notice it.

But today the conditions were better than Saturday I thought. Snow guns were blowing on the whole length of lynx making for some fun man made pow bumps later in the day. All in all, a good day

Any natural was totally wind scoured. My first run of the day sucked and I nearly quit second was much better. Upper Lynx was not great. Upper Polecat was fantastic. I learned by the second run that in Lynx the key was to always hug the side with the snow guns. The gun side is the fun side! The center and opposite side were scary boilerplate ice. As long as you skied gun side it was soft and great fun.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app
    2016-2017: 79 days
    2015-2016: 54 days
    2014-2015: 63 days
    2013-2014: 68 days

Quiver: 2014 Liberty Sequence (182 cm), 2014 K2 Rictor 82 XTi (177 cm), 2015 Nordica NRGY 100 (177 cm), 2016 Head Monster 88 (177 cm), 2017 Voelkl Racetiger SL (165 cm), 2017 Nordica Enforcer 93 (193 cm), 2017 Revision Subtraction (194 cm)

Similar experience at Cannon today. Only issue was goggles getting glazed.

Wildcat is surviving the blow torch fairly well. The rivers running down the mountain are loud though.

All and all decent coverage that should last fine through the weekend.
    Attached Images Attached Images

They will be fine unless there is a sudden change in weather forecast for more heat. I skied there for three days. Was going to go again, but ended up hiking up to Tuckerman instead.... We need some cold air bad

Changed the thread title to seasonal. Kind of seems like the core group of Cat skiers and others are just keeping a running discussion.

How's the crowd today? Looks empty on the webcam.

Thread Information