Wildcat 2015-16 Thread

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Wildcat 2015-16 Thread

Picture taken this morning in Bartlett. It says it all. Still boating season!!

Attached Images Attached Images

I was in Bartlett as well today .. Just plain balmy.......

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone mobile app

In all seriousness though, the skiing was quite good. Spring day, busy with racers in the morning, but empty after 12 with areas of bumps here and there. Not great bumps, but the occasional 4-5 bump line. Upper Lynx is buried. Upper Polecat and Lower Lynx will need to see some more snowmaking after Monday. I even took a spin over on the Snowcat Slope and they've got a good beginner product for people.

One thing I REALLY appreciated is they had ski school training for both Wildcat and Attitash today. They kept all inside and just reviewed videos knowing that there was not enough terrain for on the snow training without disrupting paying customers. Good decision by management.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Wow to the picture of the empty trail. That certainly wasn't the scene at Killington!

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

I was also there also and once the MWV race team stopped digging trenches in the soft groomed snow and it got skied up it was great. went to the bell but it was with runs that got slower and slower with more breaks as the day was ending

I kept an eye Brad, but didn't see you. Hopefully we make some turns this season. I'm back in the granite pass fold, so I should be there often.

Looks good, but wow, it is brown up there.
    Live, Ski, or Die!

Quote Originally Posted by thetrailboss View Post
    Looks good, but wow, it is brown up there.
    Quite green here😔

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Today is not great. It's loose granular piles on top of an uneven frozen granular surface. One run and done.

I did not try to Snowcat chair, but I hear it is much better.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app
    2016-2017: 79 days
    2015-2016: 54 days
    2014-2015: 63 days
    2013-2014: 68 days

Quiver: 2014 Liberty Sequence (182 cm), 2014 K2 Rictor 82 XTi (177 cm), 2015 Nordica NRGY 100 (177 cm), 2016 Head Monster 88 (177 cm), 2017 Voelkl Racetiger SL (165 cm), 2017 Nordica Enforcer 93 (193 cm), 2017 Revision Subtraction (194 cm)

Quote Originally Posted by deadheadskier View Post
    I kept an eye Brad, but didn't see you. Hopefully we make some turns this season. I'm back in the granite pass fold, so I should be there often.
    I should be there most Saturday's , Blue jacket Yellow pants, thought I saw you a week ago, you were off before I could say hello.

Thread Information