• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Where to go this weekend

drjeff

Do you know what Mt. Snow's closing day will be or when they'll switch to weekend-only operations?

As of now, they've said that they will be open daily through April 15th. As that date approaches, they'll asses possible plans for further operations and let people know.

Given what looks to to be a cooler than normal stretch next week, chances are that they'll have the snow to operate past the 15th, and it will all come down to a combo of what the weather looks like and what the crowd volume is like......

Jcb890

As of now, they've said that they will be open daily through April 15th. As that date approaches, they'll asses possible plans for further operations and let people know.

Given what looks to to be a cooler than normal stretch next week, chances are that they'll have the snow to operate past the 15th, and it will all come down to a combo of what the weather looks like and what the crowd volume is like......
Thanks for the info!
Maybe towards the end of the season we'll get to meet up 1 of these days.

skimagic

As of now, they've said that they will be open daily through April 15th. As that date approaches, they'll asses possible plans for further operations and let people know...

Good news! Since Stratton, Bromley, and magic are wrapping up on April 8. Accoring to their snow rpt Magictcould go another weekend if folks show up.

Kleetus

I think it will depend on what temps do Friday night through Saturday morning given lots of rain Friday. Might be one of those days where it's best to show up at 10:30.

I agree. Was leaning Gore for Sat but hard freeze Fri night after the rain and high at the summit of 38 Sat as of this AM has me worried may not soften all that much up there.

Cats look to be a little better with it warming into the mid 40's all elevations on Sat. Still would prob not want to show up until after 10 though given it looks like they too will have a good freeze Fri night.

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
I'm skiing Killington Friday, then probably doing Okemo Saturday with their lower elevation I'm hoping things soften up. I'm hoping the GFS is correct and VT can sniff out maybe 3" of snow going into Sunday for a nice surprise.

SnowRock

Ughhh this rain and cold front killing me. Have some work flexibility tomorrow... Trying to figure out if its worth the drive to Stowe tonight post work to hit the hill tomorrow/Saturday, or just drive up tomorrow after putting in a few hours just to ride saturday/sunday or give it up altogether. Have an Epic pass so trying to squeeze out a few more days and beyond this weekend not sure I will have another shot.

kingslug

That mt mansfield report i look at shows some mighty cold temps up there. Like 10 at the top on sunday
Saturday looks much better.

mikec142

My kids have off for Spring break starting tomorrow. But, in the nutty world of school sports, my youngest who plays softball for the middle school teams has no practice or games this weekend or all next week. Sounds reasonable, right? But my oldest who plays softball for the JV team has practice on good Friday, a game on Saturday (Passover) and then either practice or games Mon-Saturday of Spring break.

So what does this mean...it means my wife is going to Florida for a couple of days with my youngest and I'm staying home with my oldest. But we've determined that we have a small window...we are going to head up to Burlington (visit and stay with family) after her game on Saturday. The plan is to ski Sunday and Monday and hop in the car right from the mountain on Monday to get home for her Tuesday morning game. This way all she misses is one practice.

My choices for Sunday and Monday skiing are (Sugarbush, Stowe, MRG, Bolton, or Smuggs). I'm happy to do any combination or even two days at the same place. But, I would greatly prefer Monday to be at Sugarbush or MRG as they are the most Southern and we have a long drive home. Did the same trip two weeks ago and had an absolute blast skiing Sugarbush on a Saturday and MRG on a Sunday.

Thoughts?

kingslug

Weather good saturday..sunday might be sporty at mrg
Im still deciding if sunday will ever warmup in the cats..diesnt look like it..

BenedictGomez

Friday is either post rain or rainy depending on timing. Sunday might be icy and windy. Saturday is the day to ski if you must ski. Net/net, this stinks. I'll probably hit either Smuggs or Jay Peak on Saturday. I can ski Monday and Tuesday as well, so hopefully it gets into the 40s those days to act as a de-icer, but it looks like it will be in the 30s instead. :(

gladerider

just booked a room in Manchester, VT. planning to hit Stratton saturday and sunday.
looking at NWS, temps go up to 40 by noon on saturday.
stays above freezing most of the night and stays between 28 and 31 for most of the day sunday. i will take that.