• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Spring Gloves

gmcunni

Any recommendation on a good spring skiing glove? looking for something that won't make my hands sweat in the warm weather but at the same time not get soaking wet from contact with snow.

i've used lightweight utility gloves in the past but they get wet and stay wet which bugs me.

cdskier

depends on the day. still better than sticking a knuckle in spring corn at speed.

not fun.

Been there...done that! And of course it was on my last run of the day. I didn't intend to ski without gloves that day, but just accidentally forgot them.

gmcunni

I've been using Holmes work gloves- got a 2 pack at Costco for $20. Soft goatskin palms and the backs are breathable stretch fabric. Very good quality, very comfy. If one gets wet, just use the other pair. ;-)

https://www.amazon.com/Holmes-Workw...t=&hvlocphy=9003957&hvtargid=pla-522594539473

funny, i saw something similar at Home Depot this past weekend which got me thinking I needed to get a new set of spring gloves. i'm leaning towards some type of utility glove and using a waterproofing spray if i can't find a "real" glove.

Glenn

On really warm days, I'll use a pair of vented riding gloves I also use when ATVing.

Ol Dirty Noodle

I got some lightweight spring gloves from burton for like $25, I use them as non skiing gloves and they’re great, should’ve had em at Bell Sunday, they stay pretty dry and won’t leave your hands sweating

BenedictGomez

I love Spyder stuff, so I use a pair of their gloves that's made out of the same material as the Spyder sweaters (which I love). The inside is very lightly fleeced. Works well IMO.

spyder-bandit-strike-glove-blk-red-185044-019-blk.jpg

Cornhead

Not Spring gloves, but the best pair of ski gloves I've ever owned were Spyder all leather gauntletted gloves. I got them half price at the shop down the road from Elk one Spring. They made excellent cold weather motorcycle gloves too.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using AlpineZone mobile app

Cornhead

Not Spring gloves, but the best pair of ski gloves I've ever owned were Spyder all leather gauntletted gloves. I got them half price at the shop down the road from Elk one Spring. They made excellent cold weather motorcycle gloves too.

Domeskier

I use Mechanix original vent covert tactical gloves on days when I'd rather not be wearing gloves at all. I think they dry pretty quickly, but I'm not really making snowballs with them, so I cannot be sure.

mechanix.png

Cornhead

I use deerskin work gloves in the spring, not waterproof, but you can rub some Nikwax, or SnoSeal on them. Appreciate having them if you go down in some abrasive corn, they keep your back of your hands from getting sunburned too. Easy to leave on the chair, you're not obviously missing something when you get off as you'd be in the winter.