• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Wst 3/23-24

lerops

Yeah... PLatty too far out of the driving range. Need to be back in beautiful NJ by 5:30. Platty is 40 minutes more of drive time not spent skiing.

Belle is the obvious answer...except...I'm curious about the new trails at hunter...But screw it....Belle delivers the mental mountain refresh...and if they really get over a foot, cathedral brook will open and maybe dream catcher....

Well, it would only be 20 minutes, right? You just have to wake up a little earlier.

But the latest Platty forecast I saw was down significantly...

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

tnt1234

Well, it would only be 20 minutes, right? You just have to wake up a little earlier.

But the latest Platty forecast I saw was down significantly...

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

My limiting factor is being back in central NJ by about 5 Sat. night . So with 2:45-3 to Bell or hunter, by plan is, leave at 5:30 am, on the mountain by 9, ski to 1:45 on road home by 2.

20 minutes more on both ends will eat into my skiing time. And leaving at 5:30 is about my early morning limit

Glenn

Things are looking better for the Southern Greens according to the NWS:

WHAT...Heavy wet snow expected. Total snow accumulations of 6 to 12 inches, except 12 to 16 inches across the southern Green Mountains. Winds gusting as high as 45 mph.

drjeff

Things are looking better for the Southern Greens according to the NWS:

[/COLOR]
Storm is also modeled to move a little quicker now, so those winds should be moving out sooner, especially across the Southern Greens, tomorrow.

Just hoping that the dry slot during the afternoon that some are talking about now happens so that whatever is on the roads can be cleared before the evening heavier bad starts!

WWF-VT

Already 4" and snowing hard here at the base of Mt Ellen....no one is here and it looks like the afternoon shift is gonna have a lot of free refills

Edd

This is happening because I’m flying to Steamboat tomorrow.

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone

Kleetus

This is so true. The past month has been incredible.

Sent from my SM-G930V using AlpineZone mobile app
In Aspen now and while they have a ton of snow. Everything with a south or east exposure is cooked freeze/thaw pretty good. Other exposures are hardpack including most of the woods I poked around in yesterday at Snowmass.

Although skiing is good, not soft until they get more snow at least here. Unfortunately doesn't look like I'll be getting much of that while I'm here as the storms forecast for past few days are going south or east unless the temps warm up more than forecast as they are supposed to hang in the low to mid 30's with clouds.

Sent from my SM-G892A using AlpineZone mobile app