WST: 3/30-31 The end is near? Or is it just the beginning? - Page 10

AlpineZone

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
    Guess being north..was not the place to be today..
    Lets go!
    I'll drive.

Quote Originally Posted by legalskier View Post
    Last week we were riding up the Straight Brook quad with a patroller when I asked why upper Double Barrel was closed, as the snow on it looked so good and lower DB was in great shape. Literally the next ride up we saw a patroller dropping the rope for both chutes. We had a good laugh.
    One thing he mentioned was that they rarely open the chute under the old gondi (the side closer to Rumor) because there are old lift parts under the snow there.
    The Barrel's I can understand why they hesitate to open them. Lots of times Darkside Glades or Rumor or other trails are closed when there is plenty of snow. That is when it's frustrating.

For example, during the MLK storm after 22" of fresh all glades on Burnt Ridge were closed initially despite a great base. I ended up poaching because I was like WTF...22" of fresh and great base why aren't they open. It was epic. Ran into patroller at the bottom with there dad in tow. They asked what I thought and was like it was awesome...two of my runs down Barkeater later they (same patroller) dropped the rope. In a case like that, it was already swept by patrol, open it.

Not bashing on Gore SP, but stuff takes an awfully long time to open there vs say Killington or other VT mountains...

Sent from my SM-G892A using AlpineZone mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Kleetus View Post
    The Barrel's I can understand why they hesitate to open them. Lots of times Darkside Glades or Rumor or other trails are closed when there is plenty of snow. That is when it's frustrating.

For example, during the MLK storm after 22" of fresh all glades on Burnt Ridge were closed initially despite a great base. I ended up poaching because I was like WTF...22" of fresh and great base why aren't they open. It was epic. Ran into patroller at the bottom with there dad in tow. They asked what I thought and was like it was awesome...two of my runs down Barkeater later they (same patroller) dropped the rope. In a case like that, it was already swept by patrol, open it.

Not bashing on Gore SP, but stuff takes an awfully long time to open there vs say Killington or other VT mountains...

Now I should add the caveat, never gotten written up by SP for poaching either.

Shouldn't have to poach perfectly skiable terrain though.

Quote Originally Posted by Handlebars View Post
    Stratton is skiing very nicely. Soft snow everywhere, very little ice. Some bare spots. Visibility varies from pea soup fog to almost clear. Bottom of World Cup was very sticky; otherwise it’s not sticky at all.
    planning to go up in 2 weeks. did the base look like it would last that long?

gladerider

Quote Originally Posted by gladerider View Post
    planning to go up in 2 weeks. did the base look like it would last that long?
    Given the 10 day forecast, unless it shifts 10-20 degrees warmer for 5+ days, Stratton should have the snow to be still spinning lifts in 2 weeks if management wants to!

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using AlpineZone mobile app
    '07--08 season: 51 Days, '08-'09 season: 55 Days, '09-'10 season: 41 Days, '10-'11 season: 49 days, '11-'12 season: 40 Days '12-'13 season: 57 days, '13-'14 season, 60 days '14-'15 season 60 days, '15-'16 season 52 days, '16-'17 season: 50 days, '17-'18 season 52 days, '18-'19 season 45 days '07-'19 seasons: 612 Days

'19 - '20 season:

November: 16.17,23,29,30 (Mount Snow)
    December: 1,7,14,15,21,26,27,28,29,30 (Mount Snow) 16 (Mount Southington) 22 (Okemo) 31 (Berkshire East)
    January: 1,4,5,11,12,18,19,20 (Mount Snow) 6,13,23 (Mount Southington)

Raining here..supposed to change to snow..??
    44 degrees at the top..then dropping..when..i dont know..
    Stopped raining..time to go
    And thats that..windy and raining..2 runs..
    Last edited by kingslug; Mar 31, 2019 at 8:30 AM.
    Lets go!
    I'll drive.

Quote Originally Posted by Griswold View Post
    First time at Blue today and regret it took so long. The bumps on razors edge were awesome. Must have done them top to bottom 15-20 times. Legs are toast!

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone
    Great day for bumping at Blue yesterday!

Mansfield report..43 down to 3 degrees by monday morning..damn
    Lets go!
    I'll drive.

Quote Originally Posted by kingslug View Post
    Mansfield report..43 down to 3 degrees by monday morning..damn
    Holy hell..that's crazy.

My last shot at one more weekend is 4/13, so a cold snap helps me out.

Same here

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    gladerider

Thread Information