• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Top five Resorts

ALLSKIING

Staff member
We have gone through this before but I for one have been to new places this year so things change

List your five favorite east resorts that you have been to for what ever reason in order.

1. Mad River Glen

2. Sugarbush

3. Sugarloaf

4. Killington

5. Pico

Last edited:
Is Mad River Glen considered a resort? Or a ski area? Is there a difference between a ski resort and a ski area?

ozzy

a) Jay Peak
b) Wildcat
c) MRV
d) Killington/Pico
e) Sugarloaf

Greg

Staff member
  1. MRG
  2. Sugarloaf
  3. Sugarbush
  4. Magic
  5. BEast

'Loaf and 'Bush are almost interchangeable.

Paul

Haven't been to too many...

1. Wildcat
2. Attitash
3. Black Mtn NH
4. Berkshire East
5. Okemo

Last edited:

TheBEast

1) Jay Peak
2) Stowe
3) Sugarloaf

4) Berkshire East (home mountain)

Top 3 are really my favorite places to ski for a lot of reasons, but mostly for great terrain (i.e. lost of great woods skiing). Have to throw in Berkshire East (although it really isn't in the same league as the top 3) as I ski probably 15-20 days there a season and with lots of snow the place can't be beat and is only 50 minutes from home!

Paul

1) Jay Peak
2) Stowe
3) Sugarloaf

4) Berkshire East (home mountain)

Top 3 are really my favorite places to ski for a lot of reasons, but mostly for great terrain (i.e. lost of great woods skiing). Have to throw in Berkshire East (although it really isn't in the same league as the top 3) as I ski probably 15-20 days there a season and with lots of snow the place can't be beat and is only 50 minutes from home!

Bigger ain't always better, or so my wife says...

BEast is a great old-school ski area. I'd put it up against a lot of the "Big Boys."

kcyanks1

1. MRG
2. Sugarbush
3. Stowe
4. Jay
5. Killington

Tempted to put Whiteface 5th, it's a tough call. If Whiteface were fully open more often I'd probably stick it above Killington.

deadheadskier

Staff member
1. Stowe
2. Jay
3. Sugarbush
4. Sugarloaf
5. Smuggs

....Wildcat is closing in on my top 5 and MRG would be in there if not for lack of snowmaking. Don't get me wrong, I love it and think it has sick terrain, but I need to know there will be decent skiing to be had even during a low snowfall winter.

2knees

Sugarbush
Magic
Killington
Mt Snow
Stowe (it was limited when i was there, would be much higher if i can get back under better conditions)