• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What are you doing right now?

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Word problems?

Don't understand why that's a college-level course...but I was an engineering major (started off with a Calculus review class) so I don't know what non-scientific majors had to take for math.
I was in advanced Math in school--to the point that I had my 4 years of high school Math done by the end of Junior year. It's not that I'm "stupid," it's more that it's been so long since I've taken a Math class that I wasn't feeling prepared to jump into Calculus. When I signed up, I knew almost nothing about this course, other than it fulfilled the requirement. Having seen the syllabus, I'll pass. I'm sure I'll figure something else out...

hammer

I was in advanced Math in school--to the point that I had my 4 years of high school Math done by the end of Junior year. It's not that I'm "stupid," it's more that it's been so long since I've taken a Math class that I wasn't feeling prepared to jump into Calculus. When I signed up, I knew almost nothing about this course, other than it fulfilled the requirement. Having seen the syllabus, I'll pass. I'm sure I'll figure something else out...
Seems like the course would not be a good use of your time then...do you need a math course?

I do understand about your reluctance to jump into Calculus. Not an easy thing to do if you've been away from math courses for a while. I'm glad I don't have to at this point...

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Seems like the course would not be a good use of your time then...do you need a math course?

I do understand about your reluctance to jump into Calculus. Not an easy thing to do if you've been away from math courses for a while. I'm glad I don't have to at this point...

I need to have one more "Quantitative" course. Lab sciences count (already have Bio; reluctant to do another because 1 course=3 days/week and I don't have much time to spare). Math, too. Stat (which I already took). And some random ones. Astronomy is on the list, even though it's offered through the community college. I'll be checking to see if they're offering it this summer.

SKIQUATTRO

reconnecting my Plantronics CS50 wireless headset to my desk phone, paying AMEX, downloading all statements to quickbooks....i might have to open an office up north and work from there....

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Baking oatmeal bread. Also considering whipping up a batch of whoopie pies... never made them before and I just found an authentic recipe (re: no fluff!).

drjeff

Starting the difficult mental process of psyching myself up to eat my mother in-laws beef stew for dinner tonight :eek: :puke:

BackLoafRiver

Baking oatmeal bread. Also considering whipping up a batch of whoopie pies... never made them before and I just found an authentic recipe (re: no fluff!).

I drive by this store on my way to Kingfield every weekend that advertises "Brownie Whoopie PIes" so I stopped a couple weeks ago to get one for the lady and myself to share. (cause god knows I am not fat enough) It was easily one of the best things I have ever had. I brought a few home for the holidays and they were a big hit.

Just got done my Wednesday workout. I am pooped. I am getting ready to teach my star student for an hour then top jazz ensemble rehearsal for 2 hours.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
I drive by this store on my way to Kingfield every weekend that advertises "Brownie Whoopie PIes" so I stopped a couple weeks ago to get one for the lady and myself to share. (cause god knows I am not fat enough) It was easily one of the best things I have ever had. I brought a few home for the holidays and they were a big hit.
Never had a Whoopie Pie before but it was intriguing...
http://www.omnomicon.com/whoopie-pies/comment-page-1#comment-4536

In the oven now, creme filling is all set.

BackLoafRiver

Never had a Whoopie Pie before but it was intriguing...
http://www.omnomicon.com/whoopie-pies/comment-page-1#comment-4536

In the oven now, creme filling is all set.

How'd they come out?

I have a 20 minute break before my next class starts. Today is another fast paced Thursday. This week has SCREAMED by. On the plus side, it means I am one more day closer to skiing. :spread: On the minus, I have grown progressively more tired since the beginning of the week. Trying to re-adjust to my new sleep schedule.