• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Skiing on the Cheap - 2008-09 Thread

JohnGD33

Might be a little early, but the early bird gets the worm!:idea:

Post any deals that you find!

Last edited:

frozencorn

Not available yet, but this was a great deal last year, $29 for a bunch of discounts. Even if you don't use one of them, it comes with 2 lift tickets, one midweek to Black, and another choice from a variety of mountains. I skied Magic off this last year, never got to Black, and never used any of the discounts, but a $29 lift ticket in itself ain't bad.

Plus, you're helping out Children's Hospital. Certainly look for it when it goes back on sale (hopefully) this fall.

http://www.rideandskine.com/index.html

deadheadskier

Staff member
Not available yet, but this was a great deal last year, $29 for a bunch of discounts. Even if you don't use one of them, it comes with 2 lift tickets, one midweek to Black, and another choice from a variety of mountains. I skied Magic off this last year, never got to Black, and never used any of the discounts, but a $29 lift ticket in itself ain't bad.

Plus, you're helping out Children's Hospital. Certainly look for it when it goes back on sale (hopefully) this fall.

I purchased that card and will again. I skied Mt. Abram and Saddleback for free. I was supposed to ski Black on Xmas eve day for free, but it was closed. Pretty much the low point of my season as I had called on Friday to see if they were going to be open Xmas eve day for the discount. They ended up not opening because of nair event the day prior. Found this out after driving 2 hours to get there.

Learned my lesson.....always call the snow phone in advance following bad weather

I will be purchasing that card again this season. Also got the $99 Tenney Season pass and paid $20 to join a ski club, which I used to buy 8 tickets for $220, so basically $30 a day.

Between the ski and ride card, the season pass, the club tickets, a few Sunday cruises at Wildcat and other deals I pick up along the way; I should be able get out about 25 times for around $450 ($18 a day :) ) My greater concern is the gas to get to the mountain this year.

Greg

Staff member
Ski sundown Once a Week Pass

ONCE-A-WEEK PASS - BUY ONLINE OR CALL 860-379-SNOW
Ski or ride once a week for the season! The Once-A-Week Pass is a photo i.d. that allows you direct access to the lifts once a week, Monday through Friday, non-holiday between 9am and 10pm. Optional once-a-week ski rental or snowboard rental package available for the season. (Pass not valid 12/26/08-1/2/09, 1/19/09, 2/16-2/20/09.)

http://www.skisundown.com/passes/

$199 by 10/31. Pretty unique midweek product.

Moe Ghoul

I'm waiting for next month's ski club rag for the trip details and signups. I pretty much have Bavaria wrapped up, absent something unforeseen, and we'll do WF at least once in Feb or Mar. Maybe late spring, too. Good cheap deals, then.

tcharron

I confirmed a few weeks back, they are indeed going to be doing the card again this year, they are in the process of contacting resorts.

AdironRider

Early season pass rates for Snow King in Wyoming are something like 99 or 129 bucks. Not on the east but probably the best season pass deal available in the world.

Ill be rocking this pass for the majority of my ski days this winter, and if I get as many as I plan just at Snow King (Ill be real world working it this season - means night skiing 4 days a week) Itll work out to be like 2 bucks a day or even less!

JohnGD33

That place has some great trees! I should be staying at snow King in Feb.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Deals: August Ski Sales
I'm usually at the beach and forget about this one....

The ski shops dust off their shelves in August and push the old gear to the tent outside.

Don't forget to check them out. The selection isn't great but the prices are usually the lowest of the year for retail shops. Most purport to 50% off.

Here is a sampling of SNH and MA:
Zimmerman's, NH - now
Ken Jones NH - now
Ski Haus/NOTB, MA/NH - Weekends of 15th and 22nd.
Village- August Franklin MA 6th

Ski Cheap or Die
Bill

Mildcat

Deals: August Ski Sales
I'm usually at the beach and forget about this one....

The ski shops dust off their shelves in August and push the old gear to the tent outside.

Don't forget to check them out. The selection isn't great but the prices are usually the lowest of the year for retail shops. Most purport to 50% off.

Here is a sampling of SNH and MA:
Zimmerman's, NH - now
Ken Jones NH - now
Ski Haus/NOTB, MA/NH - Weekends of 15th and 22nd.
Village- August Franklin MA 6th

Ski Cheap or Die
Bill

Village Ski is having there sale next weekend. They decided to have in on the tax free weekend.

tcharron

I just signed up for 'Dell Perks' a program which offers discounts to Dell customers. Ironically, I don't believe you actually have to BUY anything from Dell to sign up.

http://perks.dell.com/secured/default.cfm

Searching for 'Ski Tickets' ends up bring up quite a few discounts. Looks like they tied in with a whole bunch of the same services employers use to offer discounts.

Quick look examples of places with discounts is below. Doesn't look like any of them are set up for 2008-2009 yet tho.

CT:
Ski Mount Southington

MA:
Butternut
Wawa

ME:
SugarLoaf
Sunday River

NH:
Cannon
Cranmore
Gunstock
Loon
Pats Peak
Waterville Valley

VT:
Mt Snow
Okemo
Stratton
Sugarbush

Last edited:

trtaylor

I just signed up for 'Dell Perks' a program which offers discounts to Dell customers. Ironically, I don't believe you actually have to BUY anything from Dell to sign up.

http://perks.dell.com/secured/default.cfm

Searching for 'Ski Tickets' ends up bring up quite a few discounts. Looks like they tied in with a whole bunch of the same services employers use to offer discounts.

Quick look examples of places with discounts is below. Doesn't look like any of them are set up for 2008-2009 yet tho.

CT:
Ski Mount Southington

MA:
Butternut
Wawa

ME:
SugarLoaf
Sunday River

NH:
Cannon
Cranmore
Gunstock
Loon
Pats Peak
Waterville Valley

VT:
Mt Snow
Okemo
Stratton
Sugarbush

Nice find. Thanks for sharing.

deadheadskier

Staff member
NH Presidential Pass to Access 7 Resorts and 7 XC Centers

Check it out! But hurry there is only 20 available

http://www.mtwashingtonvalley.org/pg_mwv/pg_mwv_51.cfm

20??????

That seems a tad absurd. Personally, I think the best thing the Mount Washington areas could do is band together and have a combined pass for Bretton Woods, Attitash, Wildcat, Black, Cranmore, King Pine and Shawnee Peak.

I think doing so would steal a fair amount of business from Vermont.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
20??????

That seems a tad absurd. Personally, I think the best thing the Mount Washington areas could do is band together and have a combined pass for Bretton Woods, Attitash, Wildcat, Black, Cranmore, King Pine and Shawnee Peak.

I think doing so would steal a fair amount of business from Vermont.

That's an old sales and marketing gimmick. Once those are sold, 20 more will miraculously appear. They want you to believe they are in short supply and make you move fast.

JohnGD33

Sounds about right, but still a good deal. If I was in NH I would get it and not ski out west this year, but I am 5 hrs from NH:sad: so I am SOL

deadheadskier

Staff member
Sounds about right, but still a good deal. If I was in NH I would get it and not ski out west this year, but I am 5 hrs from NH:sad: so I am SOL

I would be a great pass

.....but hardly skiing on the cheap at $1500 unless you spent a minimum of 50 days on hill at those areas.