• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

MTB: Nass / Stone Road - 10/1, 4:30 pm

powhunter

Im off all day wednesday.......switched my mondays for wednesdays so I can ski with you boys on wed nights......That hike a bike at hubbard would be a good initiation for ya pat.........But Ill go anywhere

steve

Grassi21

i'd like to ride on wed. but i don't want to trash an of the trails due to the wet conditions.

Greg

Staff member
i'd like to ride on wed. but i don't want to trash an of the trails due to the wet conditions.

I'm out for Tyler Mill. Part of me is wanting to be a good trail steward like Chris, but quite honestly, the trail system at Tyler Mill is so old and worn, that I'm not that concerned with damage. In all honesty, I'm just sick of riding in the rain and mud.

But in the interest of getting 2knees out on a bike finally, I'd be willing to consider another venue, one that hopefully drains pretty well. Maybe Hubbard, West Rock or South Mountain?

Greg

Staff member
But in the interest of getting 2knees out on a bike finally, I'd be willing to consider another venue, one that hopefully drains pretty well. Maybe Hubbard, West Rock or South Mountain?

I can probably get to Nassahegan for 4:30-ish. Stone Road area should be pretty dry and there's definitely riding of all types there. Thoughts? I could also push it to Thursday, but then we lose Steve. Wednesday looks rainy for sure.

2knees

I can probably get to Nassahegan for 4:30-ish. Stone Road area should be pretty dry and there's definitely riding of all types there. Thoughts? I could also push it to Thursday, but then we lose Steve. Wednesday looks rainy for sure.

Wherever you guys decide, i'll be there.

2knees

I totally appreciate that but by no means should you feel like you need to go riding in the slop. I cant blame you if you're sick of riding in those conditions. Its not like i didnt have a million chances to join you guys over the summer.

Greg

Staff member
I totally appreciate that but by no means should you feel like you need to go riding in the slop. I cant blame you if you're sick of riding in those conditions. Its not like i didnt have a million chances to join you guys over the summer.

Too bad. I'm and you are going. Stone Road area is not usually too sloppy. Plus I know of a few dirt jumps so you can get back to your cheezy BMX roots. :lol:

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Too bad. I'm and you are going. Stone Road area is not usually too sloppy. Plus I know of a few dirt jumps so you can get back to your cheezy BMX roots. :lol:
That reminds me... you guys know about the BMX track in Torrington, right? So far as I can tell, there's no cost to use it as long as they're not racing (races were Sundays this summer). Might be an interesting place for you guys to go sometime to practice for stunts and obstacles.

Grassi21

Gonna be fun watching a newbie like yourself school 2knees on a bike... :lol: Get new pedals/shin guards yet?

trying to arrange a meet up with Gremf this afternoon. I need to pick up the beer for our trade. :beer:

2knees

Gonna be fun watching a newbie like yourself school 2knees on a bike... :lol: Get new pedals/shin guards yet?

lol, the only thing you guys truly care about is watching me suck at something. All these years of me kicking your asses up and down bump runs is gonna come out in a raging fury.

You're not gonna beat me up and take my wallet too, are you?

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
lol, the only thing you guys truly care about is watching me suck at something. All these years of me kicking your asses up and down bump runs is gonna come out in a raging fury.

You're not gonna beat me up and take my wallet too, are you?
Just be glad they change the location. :eek:

They're jealous of your fame...