• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Yup

deadheadskier

Staff member
JimG. said:
That's gotta be Jay Peak...looks like Lake Champlain in the background.

I can pratically spit in lake champlain from where I work, look at the lake 365 days a year and have no idea how you can see that. I'm not saying its not there, but from that avatar, I surely can't make out anything from it.

Could be Jay, but then again it could be Wachusett.

perhaps I need new glasses

JimG.

Staff member
deadheadskier said:
JimG. said:
That's gotta be Jay Peak...looks like Lake Champlain in the background.

I can pratically spit in lake champlain from where I work, look at the lake 365 days a year and have no idea how you can see that. I'm not saying its not there, but from that avatar, I surely can't make out anything from it.

Could be Jay, but then again it could be Wachusett.

perhaps I need new glasses

Brettski gave this one away in another thread, that's how I knew. I wanted to baffle him and wound up baffling you. Frankly, I didn't even see water and wouldn't have known the lake was there if he hadn't mentioned it in the other thread.

bvibert

Staff member
Brettski said:
Anyone else have trouble with digital camera's in the cold?

Only that the batteries don't tend to last very long in the cold. If you keep the camera close to your body it helps...

Greg

Staff member
bvibert said:
Brettski said:
Anyone else have trouble with digital camera's in the cold?

Only that the batteries don't tend to last very long in the cold. If you keep the camera close to your body it helps...
I disable my flash when skiing cuz (1) with the bright snow you usually don't need it and (2) it takes too long to charge when it's cold and you miss a lot of action shots.