• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What is your favorite trail at your home mountain?

Joshua B

What is your favorite trail at your home mountain? If you work at a ski area or are affiliated with a ski area, please name your favorite trail from that mountain.

S

shortski

At Killington, Needle's Liftline after a snow storm; Superstar in the Spring

J

jlangdale

Fav home trail or run is early morning starting from Lincoln Peak Heaven's Gate. Starting down down groomed roy on Jester for a warm-up. Then hit the valley-house traverse to stop at sun-rise style Snowball connection. Get my tunes ready for a short agressive run down Snowball to the top of Moonshine. Then jump on the Valley double and head over to Spring Fling and Eden.

Greg

Staff member
I really like the Foxes at Jiminy. They let skier's right bump up and it's the perfect steepness for my bumping ability.

jimme

John Handcock at Jiminy Peak because it is all natural snow. A close second is Wild Turkey.

Jimme

ChileMass

Don't really have a home hill anymore unless it's Wachusett, so I guess I have to say Smith Walton. My old home mountain was Gore in NY, and we used to cruise Showcase under the old double chair. Show off city until you wiped out and then people would goof on you from the lift.......

I

IndyJones

At Perfect North Slopes, home hill, my favorite run is Showtime. It is a Double-Black (By their ratings). I really like the tree-dodging at the start and the speed at the end.

Greg

Staff member
IndyJones said:
At Perfect North Slopes, home hill, my favorite run is Showtime.
So, Indy...gonna make it out East at all this year? I think you'd really enjoy a trip to Vermont!

I

IndyJones

Greg said:
IndyJones said:
At Perfect North Slopes, home hill, my favorite run is Showtime.
So, Indy...gonna make it out East at all this year? I think you'd really enjoy a trip to Vermont!

Well, I'm going to Snowshoe next weekend and then Park City in Febuary...otherwise I'm staying at Perfects.

Greg

Staff member
IndyJones said:
Well, I'm going to Snowshoe next weekend and then Park City in Febuary...otherwise I'm staying at Perfects.
Awesome. Be sure to post a Snowshoe report!

eatskisleep

uphillklimber said:
My favorite trail is not particularly challenging.

At Sunday River, it is Lazy River. I just like the way it meanders over hill and dale and through the woods....
At the river that is a great trail-I like it too but have you tried Right Stuff?

MrMagic

fav. tail would be lucifer at magic- but only after a good snow storm, other wise its, ledge at mount snow

Beartrap

Since Wachusett is the closest mountain. I do not consider it, my home mountain. I nicknamed it go slow and no jumping mountain. I have adopted Mount Snow as my home mountain. My favorite trail is a toss up between the Boonies or Claimjumper. I have yet to get the balls to skie either Dark side of the moon, or The Trials.

R

redheadskier

Wildcat

Depending on the time of year, the Wildcat Trail can not be beat!!! It was built as a WPA project - great steeps and turns and what a view! It is so radical that it no longer is used as a racing trail (too many accidents)

Other than that, I take Lynx any day. That trail has been voted as the best trail in Mount Washington Valley that I think they retired it from competition

:beer:

SAB

The Rat Maze

Anyone ever try out the 'Rat Maze' at Mad River? It's one of those famous Mad River trails that isn't on the trail map, and isn't really a trail, but still is well skied and a blast.

Don't know if I would say it's my favorite trail, but it has character. Where else would you have a beginner's trail where you have to duck a tree to get on the trail, end up skiing through people's back yards, over 3 foot wide foot bridges, almost on to the road (don't miss that turn), then end up coming out in a different part of the ski area. Add on top of this I don't think the trail is ever more than 10 feet wide.

Gotta love Mad River and that quirky character.

SAB

Joshua B

Yes SAB, that is a really fun trail. Maybe there are trails like that at other mountains, but I haven't found them. I remember my first time skiing at Mad River Glen. I took Rat and was pretty surprised and a but worried when I came to the road. You have to take a few more steps closer to see that there's a hard right turn in the trail to lead you away from the road. Phew!