• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski Sundown - 3/16/08 (Bump or Bust Mogul Competition)

Greg

Staff member
stop. my sides hurt from laughing.

Pow should get some kind of prize for that. by far the most impressive thing i saw all day.

Check out Randi's vid. His ski actually whips around and pins him in the thigh:

steve_animation.gif

:lol:

2knees

oh for the love of god...... :lol:

i cant take anymore of this, people at work are asking me what is so funny.

I know steve is as laid back as they come and all. But i'll say this one more time, its a shame i didnt have my camera on friday. He was hitting the lines so fast and clean it was scary AND he threw a 3 off the bottom kicker.

Greg

Staff member
i didnt see Steve's dual run. what happened on that one?

When johnnypoach, steve and i were there on friday, i honestly thought steve'o was gonna run away with it. He was absolutely killing it.

He crashed on the upper bumps, I believe...

mondeo

Finally got around to creating an account...

First off, it was great meeting everyone on Sunday (I was #531, unnamed in MrMagic's first run in Greg's video.) Good bumps and good people always makes for a fun time. I have no shame in getting knocked out by the second place finisher, especially one who had as good of form as MrMagic.

2knees

First off, it was great meeting everyone on Sunday (I was #531, unnamed in MrMagic's first run in Greg's video.) Good bumps and good people always makes for a fun time. I have no shame in getting knocked out by the second place finisher, especially one who had as good of form as MrMagic.

welcome aboard dude, dont be a stranger. a bunch of us hit sundown on a regular basis. come out and join us next year, or this one hopefully.

MR. evil

Glad you could joins us here on AZ. Sorry there was no footage of you in my wifes video (MRGisevil), but that video was just footage of AZer's she threw together real quickly. She is currently putting footage together of all the participants round by round. So check back in and there should be some footage of you rockin the bumps soon.

bvibert

Staff member

Welcome! Glad you were able to find your way here. Were you the guy on the Cabrawlers? I was bib 520 and on Head Mad_Trix Moguls, dressed in all black for the comp and wearing a blue/black shell before and after.

powhunter

Welcome aboard

steve

MrMagic

welcome to the board, it was good skiing with you on sunday

mondeo

welcome aboard dude, dont be a stranger. a bunch of us hit sundown on a regular basis. come out and join us next year, or this one hopefully.

I'll probably keep to Killington the rest of the year, seeing as how I have a pass there. I'm thinking about adding a Sundown pass for next year, though.

Welcome! Glad you were able to find your way here. Were you the guy on the Cabrawlers? I was bib 520 and on Head Mad_Trix Moguls, dressed in all black for the comp and wearing a blue/black shell before and after.

That was me.

MrMagic

I'll probably keep to Killington the rest of the year, seeing as how I have a pass there. I'm thinking about adding a Sundown pass for next year, though.

well worth it, a quick drive from rocky hill, good skiing day or night youll find most people from Ct that post on this forum cant say enough good about sundown

Greg

Staff member

Awesome! Welcome aboard! And yeah, join us next year definitely. We usually do Wednesday nights at Sundown. Great way to break up the week and hone your bumpin' skills.

ga2ski

Okay I was quick to come to Nigel's defense, but Greg's run was better after seeing it in my opinion. The jump, the turns, etc.

What did the winners get? It looked fun. Maybe I'll have to bring my tele gear down next time.

mondeo

Okay I was quick to come to Nigel's defense, but Greg's run was better after seeing it in my opinion. The jump, the turns, etc.

What did the winners get? It looked fun. Maybe I'll have to bring my tele gear down next time.

I had issues, like many others, with the judging on Sunday, but about Tuesday Jarrod's many reminders sunk in: it was about a fun, relaxing day with a little bit of competition thrown in to spice things up a bit.

Now, onto my comments for next year:

Maybe, instead of making it a Males 19+ class, make it an Open skier class. Also, if there isn't a separate telemark class, it might be more appropriate to throw the telemark skiers in with the snowboarders. Not so much segregating the telemark skiers or snowboarders from the fixed heel skiers, but rather styles that can be judged through the World Cup system (even though anyone who mentions the judging criteria will be dq'd) from the non-traditional methods of moguling.

Also, I'd love to see 2 (or more -weekly?) bump comps at Sundown next year, but maybe have one in the same format as this year and the other be a singles, scored event. Maybe best 2 out of three runs or something like that - everyone gets equal runs, and you're not necessarily hosed due to a bad run; I also don't think a stopwatch would make it too serious (for the purpose of the singles event,) just so long as the rest of the scoring/competing kept the same atmosphere.

Edit: Oh, and the prizes were much more substantial than I was expecting. A pair of skis for the winners in both the males' sking classes (including a pair of what looked like about 130s for a kid that was probably 16-17,) snowboard for the snowboard winner, snowboard bindings, equipment bags, gift certificates, etc.

Greg

Staff member

Thanks for the kind words, but it really ain't no thang...

BTW, here's Randi's vid of the men's "qualifying" round:

http://skiadk.com/azmember/Preliminary Mens.wmv

It's a gigantic 380 MB file. :-o I think the server might catch fire. :lol: