• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

1st snow in CT??

bvibert

Staff member
Way more snow when I left Watertown than there was at Sundown. There wasn't anything sticking to the ground up there.

bvibert

Staff member
attachment.php

This is when I was leaving work today.

Greg

Staff member
Interesting in our hilly town. We have snow on our grass but there's none on the lawns at the bottom of the street (not even 0.25 mile). Downtown has nothing, but the upper elevations (like campus and on the opposite side of town, my parents' house) have 1-2" and snow sticking to the leaves on the trees. Really pretty. :D

Yep. Downtown, virtually nothing. I'm about a mile and half up from downtown and probably a 300' elevation gain (860') and I was closing in on 2" easy. It's settled and melted a bit, but everything is white. Hope to snap a pic or two in the morning.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
...and it's snowing again this morning! Not really any accumulation at our altitude :lol: but who knows? Maybe by the end of today there will be?

Greg

Staff member
Yep. Spritzing snow all the way into work this morning. A little bit of settling and melting, but this was my front yard this morning:

firstsnow.jpg

Glenn

It was wild to see snow on the ground....on the green grass and some trees still have green leaves on them. I can't really recall seeing snow this early in Southern New England.

Grassi21

I was in Litchfield this morning. Everything looked much like the conditions in Greg's pic.

Greg

Staff member
Big fat flakes mixing in again...

WoodCore

Lots of big flakes at my folks house in Oxford. Actually more snow than rain.