• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

1st snow in CT??

Greg

Staff member
Wow. She's getting big!

MrMagic

top of may car is covered in white at my parent house in the middletown area!!!!

Greg

Staff member
Just rain at the shore. Can't wait to drive north in less than an hour.

Glenn

About 5 people have come up to me at work: "Go get your skis! It's snowing!"

Greg

Staff member
finally seeing snow mixing in in Woodbridge!

drjeff

My wife just texted me that it's probably going to take her an extra 20 min to get home from Norwich due to the snow and the "stupid idiots" on the road. Still nothing more than a stray flake coming out of the sky in Putnam right now :(

Greg

Staff member
33*F and well over an inch of snow on the grass. Crazy! Looks beautiful and it's getting me pumped for winter, but I'd be lying if I didn't admit I was a little nervous about snow sticking to the leaves on the oaks around the yard and pulling something down.

Greg

Staff member
Sundown open?

You mean that little place in CT with a trail or two that is totally over your head? No. They're not open yet. Hopefully late November.

MrMagic

my parents house this afternoon, not a flake at my place in hartford

snow2.jpg

snow.jpg

Greg

Staff member
I'll take some pics in the morning. should be interesting...

Zand

Ok so I left MA for VT to see MORE snow and here we are with nothing while CT and MA are getting a few inches... nice lol.

mondeo

Gah, no sticking until I get snow tires on! Thankfully not supposed to snow in Hartford.

Did get very wet snow on my drive home, though, only could tell because of how it looked on the windshield.

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
Nothing sticking here, but it's still snowing and has been for four hours or so.

Nice weather for the woodstove, I'll say that.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Interesting in our hilly town. We have snow on our grass but there's none on the lawns at the bottom of the street (not even 0.25 mile). Downtown has nothing, but the upper elevations (like campus and on the opposite side of town, my parents' house) have 1-2" and snow sticking to the leaves on the trees. Really pretty. :D

I tried to grab this one from campus when I arrived but it was already 6:30 so it was a bit dark:
7820_189115096256_624361256_4230643_1295309_n.jpg