• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

2/21 - 2/22 Discussion Thread

ZYDECORICH

Amen to that. I'm going crazy down here. Weather.com shows likely snow on 3/03-3/04. That would make exactly a month since the last snow accumulation.

hey a little voodoo can't hurt, we have to do something to get the snow gods atttention. i'm sick (jealous i suppose) of all these 8 inches here...12 inches there... got 18 more last night.. snowing 2 inches an hour! reports, from all these joe johnny downhillers up north while i look at my yard with leftover leaves from the fall. voodoo lady do your thing!!

Still snowing at Stowe..I wish I was still up there. It looks like a few more days of cold..then a warm day then more cold and snow..Hopefully March comes in like a Lion!!!!

danny p

i think this storm coupled with the 2/20 storm is going to be the storm of this season. I hope ma nature proves me wrong but the past 5 days have been unreal. I don't think anything is gonna come close to Monday's runs.

Glenn

Agreed.

Snow started late AM on the 22nd at Mt. Snow. It snowed right into the next day. In fact, it snowed the entire next day. It was an odd mix of snow and sun...it was like an all day snow squal. The snow delivered though. What a sweet day.

i think this storm coupled with the 2/20 storm is going to be the storm of this season. I hope ma nature proves me wrong but the past 5 days have been unreal. I don't think anything is gonna come close to Monday's runs.

Fo Shizzle..because when a foot of powder falls on hardpack it's never as steezy as when a foot or two falls on a foot or two which fell on a foot or two the previous day. A period like the last couple days in northern Vermont only happened 2-3 times during the 4 years I was in college at UVM. I hadn't experienced as good powder as I had at Sugarbush on Saturday since last year at Jackson Hole and previous to that when I lived in Montana. Anyway a little rain Thursday/Friday and then when it freezes up..there is going to be a bomber base that will hopefully last until almost summer. It's gonna be weird skiing a non-powder surface at Blue mountain today afterwork..Thank You mother nature..good work!!!!

Terry

Unofficial tallies
http://www.erh.noaa.gov/btv/headline/index.php

ski vt:
Ascutney - 12"
Bolton - 12"
Bromley - 10 - 12"
Burke - 18"
Jay Peak - 10 - 12"
Killington - 11"
Mad River Glen - 8 - 10"
Magic Mountain - 6 - 10"
Mount Snow - 8 - 10"
Okemo - 8 - 10"
Pico - 11"
Smugglers' Notch - 13"
Stowe - 9 - 10"
Stratton - 10"
Sugarbush - 18"
Sunday River got 20"
Shawnee Peak got 26"

mondeo

Yes, yes, all of us working that day know. We got it. :uzi:

:wink: