• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

2010-11 Ski Goals. . .

Bostonian

Goals for next year:

#1 Hit 20 plus days

#2 Lose weight and be in better shape next season

#3 Ski more glades!

#4 Ski bumps better!

#5 Ski with AZ'ers!

#6 Ski Jay... never have done so before

xlr8r

Ski 30+ days

Learn to tune my own skis

Try snowboarding

Go to at least 2 new areas

Ski better

Have fun

Philpug

Ski west muuuuch more.

Teach my best friend how to do a helicopter.

jack97

Go to Mount Snow and Sundown more often. Especially when they have those long bump runs.

hammer

Ski with a bigger smile.
This.

And get out more often and to different ski areas.

Finally have a few videos of me skiing...biggest things I want to do technique-wise is get my skis closer together (I have a rather pronounced A frame) and smooth out my turn shape. Hoping the bumps and woods will be more achievable once I do that.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
More. 10 days was simply not enough. If all works out to plan, I can ski bum (within reason--I do have 2 kids and limited babysitting opportunities) from mid-December on... Still waiting for them to finish reviewing my financial aid paperwork though and that's a big determining factor in whether or not this dream will become reality.

Alright, here are my elaborations...

1) 25 ski days
2) Get out WEST at least once, and preferably with B
3) Magic, MRG, and Sugarloaf are all on the list for next year

Warp Daddy

Goals for next yr :

1.Be alive physically, emotionally and spiritually and live life to the fullest and avoid negative nuts !

2. Any questions ( see #1 above)

abc

Ohhhh... I was more joking than actually have anything for next year (in the other thread).

Though more seriously, I'm hoping next year I'll get to have a "normal" spring skiing period. I really, really missed skiing in warm sunny days when the light doesn't disappear at 3pm!

And if my next year's works out more "regular" rather than chaotic, I'll do some sort of clinic/lesson again. The last time I did, it benefited me very much. So I'd like to do something again. There're areas I clearly see that could use considerable improvement...

dmc

Back to Kashmir - didn't go anywhere this year... :( Deposit already made...

Back to Jay..

thats about it

jaywbigred

-Spend LESS time out West...of course it is nice out there, but I went 4 times this year, and that was too much/expensive (even w free airfare).

-Spend more time on my bump skis.

-Demo skis so that I can buy new ones NEXT off season. The orig. plan was to demo this year to by this off season, but I never got to demo! Damn weather.

-Land a 360. God I've been saying this for years. I will be more willing to try next year bc I won't have to worry about injuring myself for a trip out west.

-Get to know my knew home mountain even better. Learn more local knowledge, spend more time on the North Face, wake-up earlier, try First Tracks, etc...

-Meet the Mt. Snow AZ crew!

-Maybe participate in the Gladeiator?("I'm Ron Burgundy?")

-Get a new ski car.

-Get internet at the condo.