• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

2021-22 Season Passes

abc

.I find it very strange Stratton isn't on there given it is Alterra-owned. They also have a hellova lot more uphill capacity that late in the season compared to SB. What's SB usually running at that point?...Heaven's Gate, Super Bravo, Gatehouse, and Valley House? Stratton's got the Gondola, Ursa, Amex, Tamarack, and could run the Snowbowl if they had too.
Yep, that looks a bit strange. Seems almost all the other Altera owned mountains offers spring access but Stratton?

cdskier

Yep, that looks a bit strange. Seems almost all the other Altera owned mountains offers spring access but Stratton?
Not just Stratton...actually closer to almost half of the resorts owned by Alterra you don't get Spring access at. You only get spring access at 8 resorts total.

abc

Maybe Stratton is closing April 4th
Good guess.

Not just Stratton...actually closer to almost half of the resorts owned by Alterra you don't get Spring access at. You only get spring access at 8 resorts total.
You're right. Copper isn't on it either. But Winter Park is. Maybe it's to funnel skiers to one mountain in each region? (though both Mammoth and Squaw are in the list)

cdskier

Good guess.

You're right. Copper isn't on it either. But Winter Park is. Maybe it's to funnel skiers to one mountain in each region? (though both Mammoth and Squaw are in the list)
Well at least for Copper (and Eldora), they're not owned by Alterra so that's a possible reason for no access there. However Blue, Steamboat, Crystal, June and Deer Valley are all owned by Alterra and there's no spring access at those either (Deer Valley is no surprise since even full Ikon only gets you limited access there).

KustyTheKlown

stratton is off the spring access probably because its an utter shitshow every weekend. place is the pits.

definitely renewing ikon base. it pays for itself with these two bigger trips i take each year, whether its out west or here at sugarbush. then the magic sunday and the indy for new england weekends. perfect. ~$1000 investment for about 50 days of skiing. $20/day. groovy.

abc

Well at least for Copper (and Eldora), they're not owned by Alterra so that's a possible reason for no access there. However Blue, Steamboat, Crystal, June and Deer Valley are all owned by Alterra and there's no spring access at those either (Deer Valley is no surprise since even full Ikon only gets you limited access there).
Steamboat is limited access only also. So I don't expect it to be on the list. Who would want to blow their days at Steamboat in the spring?

I didn't realize Copper isn't owned by Alterra. It's unlimited access so I assumed...

stratton is off the spring access probably because its an utter shitshow every weekend. place is the pits.
I kind of doubt the shitshow will continue into April though.

cdskier

Steamboat is limited access only also. So I don't expect it to be on the list. Who would want to blow their days at Steamboat in the spring?

I didn't realize Copper isn't owned by Alterra. It's unlimited access so I assumed...
Steamboat is unlimited on full Ikon. It is only limited on base. And yes, Copper is actually owned by Powdr (same as Eldora).

smac75

Are you saying if we deferred this year and apply to next year's full Ikon we CAN ski this spring? I wonder if the same applies to SB only pass - we did that for one of my kids as it made more sense financially.

NYDB

Full magic and ikon again ( bought with this years pass deferral $) for me and family. Dealing with the kids school schedule forces full ikon instead of Base.

NYDB

Are you saying if we deferred this year and apply to next year's full Ikon we CAN ski this spring? I wonder if the same applies to SB only pass - we did that for one of my kids as it made more sense financially.
You can, you just have to wait until 4/18 when they credit the deferral money. It's spelled out on ikon website

Ski2LiveLive2Ski

definitely renewing ikon base. it pays for itself with these two bigger trips i take each year, whether its out west or here at sugarbush. then the magic sunday and the indy for new england weekends. perfect. ~$1000 investment for about 50 days of skiing. $20/day. groovy.
As I am considering move from Epic to Ikon - How have crowds at Stratton compared to those at Mt Snow and Okemo? And is it just the Gondola or a subset of lifts or are they all bad?

Also considering ORDA - presume crowds better at Gore?

And what is Magic Sunday?

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
As I am considering move from Epic to Ikon - How have crowds at Stratton compared to those at Mt Snow and Okemo? And is it just the Gondola or a subset of lifts or are they all bad?

Also considering ORDA - presume crowds better at Gore?

And what is Magic Subday?

Southern Vermont= bad any weekend, wherever. And I love Magic but on a Sunday with good snow you should still plan on a 15-20 minute wait to get on Red.

I've been spending more time at Stratton this year after a 3ish year break and it's hectic midweek. Shooting Star is ski-on but that's the official lift-to-nowhere. I couldn't imagine a weekend...I haven't done a weekend day at Stratton peak season since well before Ikon.

KustyTheKlown

i dont ski mount snow or okemo so i dont know. i try to avoid stratton but I've been there for an early season powder day, and one other weekend day this year. its a mess at the main base, basically all day. getting onto the gondola or the whatever the fuck chair is a mess. ursa is basically always a mess. on the early season powder day i was scared of the ursa line from a covid perspective. snowbowl gets less of a line.

magic sunday is magic mountains sundays only pass, blacked out holiday weekends, under $300. I've used it a lot. magic is on the way home. skiing magic til 1:30 allows me to be home by 6, which is great. and the skiing and the culture and the terrain and the everything about magic is worth giving them $289

KustyTheKlown

Southern Vermont= bad any weekend, wherever. And I love Magic but on a Sunday with good snow you should still plan on a 15-20 minute wait to get on Red.

I've been spending more time at Stratton this year after a 3ish year break and it's hectic midweek. Shooting Star is ski-on but that's the official lift-to-nowhere. I couldn't imagine a weekend...I haven't done a weekend day at Stratton peak season since well before Ikon.

its definitely a 15 minute wait at peak times on Sunday, but it is basically ski on from 8:30 to 10 or so. i also don't mind the wait there really. something about magic mellows me out, lets me take it fairly slow. they manage the line well and i don't feel covid wary of it. and i am glad for them to be busy and make money. that being said, this season has made clear that the black chair is more of a need than i previously thought

Ski2LiveLive2Ski

Thanks for the info. Does Magic Sunday pass also make you eligible for 30% discount on Indy Pass? Those two together could work real nice as Indy could give a couple of the Holiday Sundays at Magic, and doing Magic Sundays could slow using up other Indy days.

Tonyr

The Mountain Collective was just offered today for existing pass holders. $479 for adults $129 for kids plus a 3rd day free at the resort of your choosing. Last year it was $469 for adults $99 for kids so the pass went up 50 bucks for me but still well worth it. We are going back out to Aspen in December and the 3 days from this pass alone will cover the cost and them some. Anywhere else that we ski during the season is gravey.

KustyTheKlown

Thanks for the info. Does Magic Sunday pass also make you eligible for 30% discount on Indy Pass? Those two together could work real nice as Indy could give a couple of the Holiday Sundays at Magic, and doing Magic Sundays could slow using up other Indy days.

no, i think the discount is only for full passholders, but the indy is so cheap for what it provides at full cost.

i used my indy days on MLK Monday, and this past Saturday while i was on my way up to vt for the long trip i'm currently on. worked out well. i have a 4pack from last year that went unused that becomes valid next week too. they let me roll it over to be used after march 14 (which is when they got shut down for covid last year), so if the snow stays good a couple of full magic spring weekends are in the cards.

abc

You can, you just have to wait until 4/18 when they credit the deferral money. It's spelled out on ikon website
Yeah right, and 2 out of that 8 "spring access" resorts are closing that week or the following week!
That's weird as to spring access. At that date, Solitude will likely be only open one week more, maybe two.
Yep! Solitude plan to close 4/18!

(Winter Park is showing they close April 25)

Last edited: