• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

34" on the top of Whiteface

deadheadskier

Staff member
Holy Crap!!!

why am I such a lazy ass and don't utilize my climbing skins and touring bindings? I need to change that.

34" has to be a record for anywhere in the East this late in the year. Too bad Killington didn't get that accumulation. If they did, I bet Mike would reopen next weekend if they were able to pack any of it down.

Abubob

Website
tee.pub
I didn't see it but a couple of people told me it snowed pretty heavily Saturday night but of course nothing stuck. Another friend of mine whose house is at about 1000 ft. had four inches Sunday morning.

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone mobile app

Cornhead

34"...and no wind-holds! A WF first? Probably would have been if it were mid season, windy here in Binghamton Saturday and Sunday, beautiful today. I hope no hikers were caught unprepared in the mountains. If I had AT gear, I'd have been tempted to check it out. Too bad K didn't get a little more love from Ullr. My season is official over, ski rack off, Summer tires on today. Have a great Summer everyone.

J.Spin

Website
JandEproductions.com
Anyone ski it?

I visited Mt. Mansfield for turns on Sunday morning. I’ve added a couple of photos from my trip report below, and MadPatSki also has my story linked in his latest closing thread post mentioned above. I’d definitely say that Whiteface and the high peaks of the Adirondacks were the hot spot for this storm, but Mt. Mansfield still managed to pull in a decent amount of snow as usual, and there were some great turns up there.

26MAY13B.jpg

26MAY13A.jpg