• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

A flatlander storm Wednesday?

KustyTheKlown

lol what? I’ve been posting in here for a month about quarantining for my Vermont trip. Walk off a cliff douchebag.

If you’re talking to me, I work from home, and quarantined for 14 days in my apt before coming to Vermont for two weeks by my self beginning dec 8 when there was no snow. The friends I skied one day with met me there and we didn’t share indoor space. So kindly suck my dick you asshole.
Reads like you began quarantining December 8. See how it reads otherwise,

Still you sure sound like a New Yorker and reinforces the stereotype you carry with you

KustyTheKlown

ive been in vermont since december 8, which is exactly how my post reads (really 9th, i left in the middle of the night on 8>9, and skied 9). and you sniped me before you even knew anything about it. the quoted post is my response to your first asshole comment, you fucking asshole.

i quarantined since thanksgiving day, which was spent in my apartment with my girlfriend and our cat. did not drive 45 minutes to my parents. you don't know me, you make shitheaded assumptions. and if you actually read this board you would know that i quarantined, and that i am one of the people on this board who takes covid safety very seriously. i had a death in my family and i live 6 blocks from an ER that had three refrigerated trucks for dead bodies all spring. so fuck you.

yea, i use curse words, stereotypical of new york city people. i'm also a conscientious citizen who is not trying to fuck over other people and their communities, also stereotypical of new york city people.

so yes, go fuck yourself you high and mighty prick. suck my dick from the back, and die in a fire. but not of covid. i don't want anyone to get covid. fucko.

Last edited:

BenedictGomez

This must be how VT is compared to MA. Once I took an early start driving from NYC to K thru MA when it has been snowing. The highway looked like rain and slush on the MA side, and as soon as I crossed to VT, it was unshoveled hwy and local road all the way to K, with bumper to bumper the whole way on I91. Instead of arriving at 8-9AM, I got there around 11:30AM.

Oh yeah, Vermont is flipping terrible with the roads. Even on a major (for Vermont) highway like 89 they'll typically only plow 1 lane. And 22A shouldnt even be attempted in a big snowstorm unless you're very comfortable driving in those conditions.
Spoke like a true new yorker.....
you sure sound like a New Yorker and reinforces the stereotype you carry with you

He lives(ed) by Prospect Park or Williamsburg or something. You sure sound like someone who's never left the sticks.

KustyTheKlown

Oh yeah, Vermont is flipping terrible with the roads. Even on a major (for Vermont) highway like 89 they'll typically only plow 1 lane. And 22A shouldnt even be attempted in a big snowstorm unless you're very comfortable driving in those conditions.

He lives(ed) in Prospect Park or Williamsburg or something.

i've lived on the upper west side, grammercy, the east village, the LES, south Williamsburg, regular Williamsburg, east Williamsburg, and now Brooklyn Heights, in that order, since 2007. grad school, roommates, girlfriends, break ups, new girlfriends, unreasonable rent hikes. its a transient life in this town unless you have a shitton of money

cdskier

lol what? I’ve been posting in here for a month about quarantining for my Vermont trip. Walk off a cliff douchebag.

Seriously...you're the last person anyone should worry about not following the rules. You've been posting for quite a while before your trip about your plan for safely quarantining and actually following the rules. I'd be far more worried about a lot of other people on this board...

KustyTheKlown

lol. he really pissed me off.

i poached paradise today. I'll just say i did it. it wasn't so great. twist was a way better poach, again today. magic tomorrow. then home.

JimG.

Staff member
Yeah it opened about 2, I wasn’t there but my wife and friends were. Funny when the closed trails have bumps on them. Even the gapers were poaching yesterday.

Website says opening the mid downs tomorrow. Nice to see. Still powder to be had tomorrow ;)
I was there yesterday; skied everywhere over on the Tomahawk side it was fantastic. But I was a little bummed 6 didn't open.
On my "last" trip up the quad I was told lift 6 had opened. Even though I was toast I went over and took 4 more runs and got fresh tracks every run.
Today at Plattekill was even better.

tnt1234

I was there yesterday; skied everywhere over on the Tomahawk side it was fantastic. But I was a little bummed 6 didn't open.
On my "last" trip up the quad I was told lift 6 had opened. Even though I was toast I went over and took 4 more runs and got fresh tracks every run.
Today at Plattekill was even better.
Bell was great all weekend. those low angle trails by the Tomahawk stayed soft all weekend. Cathedral brook was gorgeous. Did the full trail and hike out once, hike up and ski out once and the ski in/out section a couple times.

The hike out pitch was legit knee deep, two tracks when we did it.

Great, great weekend.

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
Ha! in your case the futile grooming.
I go out during the storm before stuff sets up . I had a serious crap storm years ago 8" of snow then sleet then rain then froze solid . It stayed cold for a week afterward what a mess!
At that time I had only a snow blower , the slush clogged it up in a minute .

JimG.

Staff member
Bell was great all weekend. those low angle trails by the Tomahawk stayed soft all weekend. Cathedral brook was gorgeous. Did the full trail and hike out once, hike up and ski out once and the ski in/out section a couple times.

The hike out pitch was legit knee deep, two tracks when we did it.

Great, great weekend.
I was already tired when I noticed the HSQ was open so I didn't get to Cathedral Brook. But Tongora, Winnisook glade, Winnisook and the trees to the skier's right of Winny were all lightly or not at all tracked. I live for days like that and Platty Sat in the Cats.

kingslug

nothing......but then again..a very cold front will be moving right behind it..So it depends on how much rain they get..reports do not look good though as its a heavy storm. I know Hunter has a ton of snow on the ground and blowing more so whoever can blow some today and tomorrow.

KustyTheKlown

nothing......but then again..a very cold front will be moving right behind it..So it depends on how much rain they get..reports do not look good though as its a heavy storm. I know Hunter has a ton of snow on the ground and blowing more so whoever can blow some today and tomorrow.

killington and south will not be reduced to nothing. sugarbush and north will.

kingslug

Well I don't mean nothing but if the predictions for FLOODING rains comes true..it kinda sux.
Killington could survive a nuclear war..